The incumbent will assist the Director of Sales & Marketing to increase corporate client base through consistent solicitations while establishing trust and rapport with clients to generate and boost revenues for the Hotel. He/She services new and existing accounts to ensure repeat business. This position requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Identify business trends and marketing opportunities that can improve the hotel’s performance.
- Continuously solicit for new business that expands our client base using action plans focused on the market segment identified by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Prospecting and growing an account list, handling incoming leads and closing sales.
- Plan, execute and follow-up on sales trips as approved.
- Work closely with other sales associates and calling in on important customers and establishing multiple.levels of contacts within the customer’s organisation.
- Participate in the sales meetings by sharing latest market trends and new business development opportunities and activities.
- Practice professional account qualification on a consistent basis (i.e., measure budget needs, date flexibility, space requirement, competitive information etc).
- Attend tradeshows, travel functions, major business functions or as required/directed by the Director of Sales.
- Organizes familiarization of hotels and their facilities with clients and potential ones.
- Responsible for an assigned sales target in accordance to Cluster segmentation - Work closely with each salesperson and identify opportunities and ways to maximize and exceed personal and team revenue goals.
- Support and assist in the development of the annual Business Plan, Hotel Budget and Marketing Plan as requested by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Gain excellent knowledge of the hotel facilities and services in the Hotel and apply that knowledge in selling against our competitors.
- Create excellent client relationship through attention to detail; prompt follow up and empathy for customer perceptions and needs whilst maintaining professionalism.
- Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Take ownership of daily sales activities and maximize the productivity by following a system of weekly and monthly action plans.
- Provide clear directions that simplifies the role of the support associates.
- Demonstrate good working relationship with other departments maintaining effective communication and teamwork.
- Actively assist the Credit Department in follow-up of overdue accounts.
- Complete small administrative tasks on your own (i.e., photocopying, filing) where possible.
- Possess a commitment to the quality of all departmental records (i.e., computerised mailing list) which impacts the workload of support associates.
- Comprehend, digest and comply to hotel policies and procedure as described in the Associate Handbook and other documents.
- Support and uphold the Hotel’s mission, vision and guiding principles.
- Adhere to all established policies and procedures relating to administration of accounts and ultimate booking of business.
- Other duties assigned by the Director of Sales & Marketing when required from time to time.