Human Capital and Development Manager
A world-renowned vacation destination in the spectacular Coast Mountains of British Columbia, just two hours north of Vancouver, Whistler offers a vibrant array of activities throughout the year. Whether you enjoy skiing and snowboarding, golfing on championship courses, dining at award-winning restaurants or taking on the world's best mountain bike park, indulge in a variety of enriching experiences when you stay at one of our two Whistler hotels - Pan Pacific Mountainside or Pan Pacific Village Centre.
Pan Pacific Whistler is seeking an all-round HR Professional to lead their Human Capital & Development department. This is a full-time, year-round role reporting to the General Manager and supervising one HR Coordinator.
The ideal candidate will support the full scope of Human Resources responsibilities and partner with the organization on strategic and operational initiatives. They will successfully maintain and enhance the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Full cycle recruitment, recruitment planning and on boarding.
- Create and revise company policies, procedures and standards; Ensure that they are being communicated and adhered to.
- Provide guidance and direction to Managers and supervisors as it relates to leadership, performance management, progressive discipline and general associate relations.
- Handle employee issues and complaints; conduct investigations as required.
- Manage and administer the company's benefits programs.
- Manage and deliver learning and development activities for associates.
- Responsible for the oversight of employee housing program
- Oversee Worker's Compensation claims; manage disability claims with the main goal of seeing associates return to work as safely and as quickly as possible.
- Work closely with Payroll to ensure that items are accurately and timely actioned, and provide professional advice and guidance as they relate to employment regulations and legislation.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience.
- 4+ years' experience in Human Resources.
- Strong recruiting and demonstrated ability to improve talent acquisition strategies.
- Demonstrated expertise coaching managers and employees.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and communications skills.
- Attention to detail and good judgement.
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.