Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Pan Pacific Singapore
Responsibilities include supervising the overall cleanliness of the hotel and surroundings are maintained at the highest standards (as outlined in the PPHR Rooms Management System) in the most cost effective and productive manner. Proper monitoring of cleaning supplies as well as the quality and quantity of Guestrooms items including guest supplies, linen and terry cloth items. Assist the Executive Housekeeper as needed.
- Supervising the Rooms Operation Management System. The scope would include Guest Rooms & Corridors, Public Areas, F&B Outlets, Meeting Rooms, Exterior & Landscaping and laundry.
- Maintain a high level of guest service and ensure rapid and professional response to all guest requests.
- Monitoring and ensure a continual comprehensive preventative maintenance programme for the entire hotel/resort.
- Support and assign Associates as required to meet guest service demand.
- Assists in educating all Associates in their respective roles and their continual development in their respective career path.
- Schedule and conduct monthly communications meeting with all Associates to enable a free two way expression of ideas, concerns or other issues as they may relate to any matter in the Hotel.
- Assist in ensuring all uniforms for all Associates in the hotel/resorts are maintained in top condition, cleaned and ensure our Associates are well presented at all times.
- Assist in ensuring continual effective pest control system is in place to rid the hotel of all vermin. Continually monitor and address any pest situations in the hotel immediately.
- Assist in maintaining and ensuring the protection of all hotel assets including guest supplies, stores, linen and uniform control and other hotel assets.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of an Environmental friendly approach to all aspects of the Housekeeping department.
- Ensure a conducive and happy working environment for all Associates. Promote two ways communication within the department.
- Ensure the most economical use of Associate resources to achieve reduced overall payroll without unduly affecting the quality of guest services.
- Ensure the protection and maintenance for all equipment used in the Housekeeping and Laundry Departments. Ensuring the completion of all work orders pertaining to Housekeeping and Laundry Departments.
- Assist in overseeing all external contractors work to ensure our PPHR Management System standards are adhered to.
- Continually seek new and better ways to achieve either cost savings, improved revenues or improve services provided to our guests.
- Assist in overseeing all maintenance of plants, gardening and landscaping operations of the hotel, including floral arrangements.
- Assist in conducting performance development reviews for all Associates, and assist in ensuring training and appropriate developmental plans for Associates are implemented.
- Assist in ensuring the overall health, safety and well being of Associates and guests alike in the performance of cleaning and maintaining the hotel/resort.
- Conduct interview and assist in hiring of new associates. Assist and ensuring proper orientation program is conducted for new associates.
- Set proper par level for cleaning and guest supplies. Maintain proper stock level and enforce proper control on stock movement.
- Ensuring departmental and Hotel operating guidelines established are adhered to.
- Carry out regular inspection to work areas performed by Housekeeping associates. Inspect VIP arrival rooms and ensure all are in order prior to arrival. Offer action plan to achieve service excellence.
- Ensuring effective communication with all levels within the Housekeeping Department as well as with other Departments within the Hotel.
- Timely submission of reports and meeting projects dead line.
- Ensuring of Lost and Found and master keys procedures are adhered to according to SOP.
- Coordinating of departmental purchases and ensuring of product quality with suppliers.
- Ensuring of proper record keeping of all Housekeeping documentation.
- A minimum two years experience in a similar role.
- A proven track record of maintaining superior standards of hotel cleanliness in a previous position or hotel.
- Strong experience of in-house Laundry operations and the equipment used in this department. (For all hotels with in-house Laundry services).
- Diploma or Degree from a recognized hospitality / tertiary institution and/or have gained 1 year of learning and development experience in the hotel industry.
- Broad based experience of Hotel computer systems and MSOffice suites to include MSWord & Excel.
- Strong team player.
- Knowledge of budget creation and interpretation of the monthly results with regards to all aspects of the Housekeeping operation.
- Preferred knowledge of the local employment laws and knowledge of local industrial relations.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page or to email - email@example.com
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.