Assistant Purchasing Manager
Pan Pacific Singapore
Handles the reviewing, receiving and processing of daily market lists, Purchase Requisition and Purchases Orders with the assistance of the Purchasing Executive. He/She will evaluate requests and source for competitive quote and select the specific and appropriate product required by the Hotel.
Responsibilities include sourcing for the right quality merchandise for the Hotel, negotiating with the suppliers to achieve the best price possible, and determining users' requirement and establish the optimal quantity to order. The incumbent needs to take into consideration the ordering and delivering lead time, availability of storage within the hotel, frequency of re-ordering, price and risk of wastages.
Other responsibilities include organising sample testing, yield testing or blind testing to ensure proper and objective selection of products. Work closely with the vendors to ensure proper administration of the procurement systems.
- Minimum Diploma in Hotel Management or related discipline
- 5 to 8 years' experience in a purchasing supervisor role, preferably in a five star internation hotel chain
- Analytical and mature with an attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Positive attitude towards fostering teamwork among associates in supporting role
- Highly motivated, quality-driven and results-oriented
- Displays flexibility, adaptability and high energy levels
- Strong administrative and organization skills
- Excellent inyterpersonal and communication abilities
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application docuemnts are to be submitted via the Careers page.
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.