Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle
Reporting to the Front Office Management team, the Door Attendant oversees the arrival and departure process of the hotel, ensuring a positive first and last impression to all guests and clients. The successful candidate will provide professional, exceptional service to all guests and potential guests by assisting them in a friendly, efficient, courteous and professional manner according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel.
Flexibility Required: Flexibility to work a varied schedule due to business levels and industry demand
The key responsibilities of the Door Attendant include but are not limited to:
• Smiles and welcomes guests with a positive attitude that supports the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel.
• Meets and greets all forms of transportation.
• Assists the Valet staff with moving and parking vehicles.
• Ensures proper luggage handling.
• Answers phones, takes messages, and responds to phone calls as needed.
• Replenishes necessary supplies (valet slips, cleaning etc.)
• Gives general directions and information for Pan Pacific Hotel, Seattle and the surrounding area.
• Assists the Luggage Attendants in loading/ unloading vehicles.
• Direct guests to off property attractions, restaurants, airport, etc and assist in arranging transportation.
• Ensures the accuracy of marked damage on valeted vehicles.
• Prioritizes tasks and communicates these tasks to other members of the guest services team.
• Ensures effective communication with team members and managers.
• Directs and controls traffic flow in front of the Hotel providing guidance, verbal and non-verbal, to vehicles and staff.
• Ensures effective communication with Valet staff and Key Control.
• Ensures that valet cars are parked safely and secured.
• Ensures work area is clean at all times.
The successful candidate will be a committed guest service oriented professional who leads by example; setting standards of excellence for work to be completed. This person will be extremely organized and detail oriented with the ability to balance technical and guest service successfully in a polished professional manner. This position will require the candidate to possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills while contributing an energetic and positive attitude while managing multiple priorities and tasks.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s License.
• Must be 21 years old or older (for insurance purposes).
• Must be able to operate both standard and automatic transmissions.
• Able to walk, run or stand for up to 8 hours at a time.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must possess and use outstanding guest interaction skills.
• Must display strong organizational skills.
• Must be able to quickly develop an excellent knowledge of the hotel, its facilities and services.
• Must have excellent grooming standard.
• Should have a keen eye for details.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle website: www.panpacificseattle.com/careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Seattle thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce and as a result, it promotes employment equity.