Finance Manager / Accounting Manager
Pan Pacific Singapore
The Finance Manager or Accounting Manager is responsible for the full spectrum and smooth functioning of the accounting function within the Hotel. He/she will handle all aspects of financial and management reporting, preparation and compilation of budget and forecast, financial statement analysis and the operational aspect of financial management, but not limited to, revenue audit, cost control, credit card reconciliation and process audit.
Financial Accounting and Control
- Proper maintenance of all accounting records and financial reporting, ensuring accuracy and compliance with company, corporate office, owner, statutory and fiscal requirements and timetables.
- Ensure that all balance sheet reconciliations are performed on monthly basis in a timely manner. Unreconciled accounts must be highlighted to the Director of Finance immediately.
- Maintain the hotel’s fixed assets register.
- Ensure highest standard of control over all accounting functions, particular relating to cash and bank balances, at all times.
- Evaluate with operational heads and perform sound financial statement analysis on the profit and cost suitable for management’s review.
- Work closely with other department in assisting to prepare and compile budget and forecasts data.
- Liaise and co-operate with both Internal and External Audit and ensure an effective programme of in-hotel audit is in place and that corrective action is promptly taken where required.
- Develop best practise financial accounting and control procedures. Financial reporting and control to be an area of continuous review and development with the aim of maximising both impact and efficiency.
- Assist with ad hoc analysis on performance or capital investments as determined and assigned.
- Liaise with operational departments in the Hotel concerning revenue audit, daily reporting and cost control.
- Work closely with Cost Controller to provide proper explanation for significant cost variances and support F&B analysis.
- Ensure that internal control procedures are adhered to by the associates in all departments, including Finance Department.
- Review the work of the income audit and general store, ensuring the accuracy and quality of the work and reporting.
- Investigate discrepancies and develop procedures to eliminate them.
- Attend to queries relating to areas of responsibility to ensure that all associates within the hotels understand and are familiar with the operational finance SOPs.
- Ensure balancing of all credit card accounts for full payment of submitted items.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of property management (PMS) and point of sale (POS) systems. Participate in any projects relating to any implementation, upgrade or process change in utilising the PMS and POS.
- Plan and arrange for miscellaneous audit, including surprise cash count etc.
- Assist with ongoing education and development of the Finance Associates. This is to ensure maximum efficiency attained in the Finance Department as well as to lead and motivate the team to high levels of performance.
- Provide education and guidance to other departments on their role in the operational aspect of financial management.
- To oversee & provide leadership for the area of income audit, general store and general accounting.
- Degree or Diploma in Accountancy.
- Sound knowledge of accounting standards and regulatory reporting requirement, include but not limited statutory report, GST, government levy and statistic requirements.
- Hands on as an accountant.
- Experience in a similar supervisory role in a finance department.
- Good understanding of accounting systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Attention to details and sound business acumen.
- Able to analyse financial statement.
- Able to communicate with all levels within the organisation.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application docuemnts are to be submitted via the Careers page.
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.