Hotel Car Driver
Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle
Provide exceptional driving experience for each guest in a safe and efficient manner. The Hotel Car Driver must anticipate the unique needs of each guest and look to exceed their expectation in each interaction while maintaining a positive attitude and professional appearance at all times.
Flexibility Required: Flexibility to work a varied schedule due to business levels and industry demand.
The key responsibilities of the Hotel Car Driver include but are not limited to:
• Welcome all guests with a smile and according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
• Transport guests to/from destination as allowed by company policy, using property vehicle.
• Follow all company policies and procedures; maintain the confidentiality of proprietary information.
• Document all trips prior to the start of and at the conclusion of each trip.
• Park vehicle in designated location when not in use.
• Inspect property vehicle for damage and cleanliness.
• Document all vehicle incidents (ie.,damages, accidents) and provide reports of incidents to manager/supervisor.
• Facilitate guest access to and use of the hotel and area by offering information, direction and assistance.
• Anticipate guest needs such as opening of vehicle doors, assistance with wheelchairs/strollers, holding umbrellas, etc.
• Safely performs valet services of parking, retrieving, and delivering guest vehicle for the hotel and 2200 Westlake establishments.
• Safe operation of guest’s vehicles in accordance with all applicable laws, ordinances and Pan Pacific Hotels Group policies.
• Handles cash, valet tickets, keys and equipment in accordance with company policies.
• Performs concierge duties as needed. Hails taxicabs and stands at the front door or designated area in order to provide assistance.
• Ensures a clean working area by keeping the area neat and free of debris.
• Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor at all times, including abiding by company uniform policies.
• Conducts all duties in accordance with any legal or mechanical guidelines.
• Assist with other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will be extremely well organized and detail oriented; ability to be able to balance technical and guest service successfully in a polished professional manner. This person will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills while contributing an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere; all with the ability to handle high volumes of challenging guest-related interactions with professionalism. This position will require the candidate to have the ability to work effectively under pressure and handle sensitive guest related situations while maintaining a professional business level of confidentiality.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Prior experience as a valet is preferred; knowledge of downtown Seattle.
• Must possess a valid Washington State Driver's License.
• Must be 21 years old or older (for insurance purposes).
• Must be able to operate both standard and automatic transmissions.
• Able to walk, run or stand for up to 8 hours at a time.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must possess and use outstanding guest interaction skills.
• Must display strong organizational skills.
• Must be able to quickly develop an excellent knowledge of the hotel, its facilities and services.
• Must have excellent grooming standard.
• Should have a keen eye for details.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle website: www.panpacificseattle.com/careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Seattle thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce and as a result, it promotes employment equity.