Pan Pacific Singapore
The role of the M&E Technician include overseeing the repair and preventive maintenance of electrical mechanical rotary and static equipment, also piping, hydraulic, pneumatic, air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment and all property repairs through involvement and delegation with subordinates.
Repair, maintain and keep in good working order of television sets, SIS system and paging system, including sound and lighting equipment in Banquet control room, meeting rooms, Ballroom, guestrooms, discotheque and public areas and all Food & Beverage outlets.
- Assist the Assistant Engineer (M&E), Maintenance Engineer, Deputy Chief Engineer and Chief Engineer.
- Supervise and delegate duties to all mechanical and electronically subordinates staff.
- Check stock level of engineering materials.
- Plan, schedule and co-ordinate building mechanical and electrical maintenance works.
- Liase with general contractors.
- Repair, install and maintain electrical equipment (rotary and static), electrical fittings and switchboards.
- Maintain interior and exterior of buildings, furniture, fixtures, etc.
- Repair and maintain all air-conditioning equipment, refrigeration units, pipes, electrical works and associated equipment.
- Submit reports.
- Prepare duty/leave rosters for shift and workshop personnel.
- Supervise and ensure correct enforcement of meal and break periods for maintenance personnel during duty in accordance with the hotel’s regulations.
- Repair and maintain television sets, antennae, signal booster and amplifier.
- Operate and maintain in good working order sound and slide projectors, spotlights, tape recorders, amplifiers and microphones.
- Operate and maintain audio visual aids as directed.
- Operate and maintain in good working order the SIS system.
- Set and hook up microphones, loudspeakers, tape recorders, projectors and screens and amplifiers in ballroom, function rooms and other areas as directed.
- Responsible for replacement of all fused bulbs in areas within the hotel including all meeting and function rooms.
- Attend all Food & Beverage meetings, liase with client’s requests and attend meeting with clients on sound system.
- Responsible for safe custody of lighting and sound equipment in areas assigned.
- Liase with and keep informed at all times of current events falling within his scope with the Maintenance Engineer, Deputy Chief Engineer and Chief Engineer.
- Attend weekly maintenance meetings with Maintenance Engineer, Deputy Chief Engineer and Chief Engineer.
- Carry out any work as directed by the Assistant Engineer (M&E), Maintenance Engineer, Deputy Chief Engineer and Chief Engineer.
- Carry out shift duties, split shifts or when called upon to perform odd duties whenever a person of the same category trade falls sick, is on vacation or absent from duties and or as called upon o do so from time to time as directed by superiors.
- Diploma / ITE Certificate in engineering related courses.
- At least 2 years of working in a role of a similar capacity.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and repairing of mechanical and electrical systems, including air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Knowledge and Experience of Management and Administrative work
- Strong aptitude and knowledge in the working principles of Electrical and Mechanical systems, including troubleshoot and repair methods.
- Ability to converse, read and write in English.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application docuemnts are to be submitted via the Careers page.
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.