Operations Manager - Housekeeping
Pan Pacific Singapore
The incumbent will ensure the overall cleanliness of the hotel and surroundings are maintained at the highest standards (as outlined in the PPHR Rooms Management System) in the most cost effective and productive manner. He/She will monitor guest supplies and cleaning supplies and lead the team to create a memorable experience for the guests.
He/She also provide administrative functions in the areas of recruitment training and development, people and performance management and social welfare.
Learning and development
- Educating all Associates in their respective roles and their continual development in their respective career path.
- Training and development of Team Leaders/Supervisors to be more competent of their position and develop them for career progression.
- Schedule and conduct daily communications meeting with all Associates to enable a free two way expression of ideas, concerns or other issues as they may relate to any matter in the Hotel/Resort.
- Sharing of Egcc scores and comments to all associate and take appropriate action to rectify immediately.
- Know and promote and educate the “Ten Foot Rule”
- Monitoring and ensure a continual comprehensive preventative maintenance programme for the entire hotel.
- Ensure the maintenance and upkeep for all equipment used in the Housekeeping Department. Ensuring the completion of all work orders pertaining to Housekeeping Department.
- Yearly inventories to be carried out for all housekeeping equipments.
- Assist in overseeing all external contractors to ensure they are working in line with the local policies.
- Assist in overseeing all maintenance of plants, gardening and landscaping operations of the hotel, including floral arrangements.
- Implementation and maintenance of an Environmental friendly approach to all aspects of the Housekeeping department. Ensure a conducive and happy working environment for all Associates. Promote two ways communication within the department.
- Maintain a high level of guest service and ensure rapid and professional response to all guest requests.
- Supervising the Rooms Operation Management System. The scope would include Guest Rooms & Corridors, Public Areas, F&B Outlets, Meeting Rooms, Exterior & Landscaping and laundry.
- Support and assign Associates as required to meet guest service demand.
- Assist in ensuring all uniforms for all Associates in the hotel/resorts are maintained in top condition, cleaned and ensure our Associates are well presented at all times.
- Carry out regular inspection to work areas performed by Housekeeping associates. Inspect VIP arrival rooms and ensure all are in order prior to arrival. Offer action plan to achieve service excellence.
- Conduct weekly room inspection with Team Leader and Room Attendants to ensure service standards are maintained.
- Ensure active implementation and enhance to corporate branding and brand standards. Under the role of brand standard mentor and continue to develop and tried to deliver higher standard of guest expectation.
- To set a good hygiene practise set based on fundamental cleaning principles to achieve 0 defects results.
- Conduct annual management performance reviews for all Associates, and assist in ensuring training and appropriate developmental plans for Associates are implemented.
- Assist in ensuring the overall health, safety and well being of Associates and guests alike in the performance of cleaning and maintaining the hotel/resort.
- Ensuring effective communication with all levels within the Housekeeping Department as well as with other Departments within the Hotel.
- Ensuring of Lost and Found and master keys procedures are adhered to according to SOP.
- Coordinating of departmental purchases and ensuring of product quality and quantity with suppliers.
- Ensuring of proper record keeping of all Housekeeping documentation.
- Work independently, to make decision and to administer all guestrooms issue in the absence of the Director of Housekeeping.
- Set up par stock for linen amenity and cleaning detergent for rooms, public area and Laundry.
- Effective utilization of manpower based on the business forecast and keep the cost between the budget.
- Know and demonstrate “Best Practise” in area of responsibility.
- Handle guest enquiry and requests with care, open communication and the willingness to exceed guest expectations.
- Plan associate leaves and duty roster monitor and counsel as required
- Need to understand and act upon the department financial performance and business plan, KPO’s and KPI’s.
- A minimum two years experience in a similar capacity in a company of similar standard or style.
- Proven track record of maintaining superior standards of hotel cleanliness in a previous position or hotel.
- Diploma or Degree from a recognized hospitality / tertiary institute.
- Broad based experience of Hotel computer systems and MSOffice suites to include MSWord & Excel.
- Strong team player.
- Knowledge of budget creation and interpretation of the monthly results with regards to all aspects of the Housekeeping operation.