Operation Manager - Atrium & Pacific Market Place
Pan Pacific Singapore
Responsibilities include planning, organizing and directing the overall food and beverage operation and administration of the Atrium Lounge. The Manager is required to develop and maintain the highest standard of quality relating to presentation, supervision and control of food and beverage service in the outlet. The manager is also responsible and accountable for the entire operation and administration and profitability of the outlet.
1. To attend all F&B related meetings, such as the daily Food & Beverage Briefints, Weekly Meetings, P&L Meetings, Food and Beverage Promotion Meeting as well as the Christmas and New Year’s Eve Meeting.
2. To assist in the preparation and submission of the followings:
- Annual F&B Marketing and Promotion Plan.
- Annual F&B Budget Report.
- Monthly F&B Forecast Report.
- Monthly Outlet Flash Report.
- Monthly Outlet Beverage Promotion Report.
- Post Mortem Report For Special / Festival Event.
- Weekly Associates Duty Roster.
- Inventory Report of F.F.E and S.O.E.
- Promotion Factsheet
3. Complete all reports and administration in an accurate and timely manner.
4. To ensure that department operational budget is strictly adhered to and that all costs are strictly controlled.
5. Prepare work schedules and allocate duties fairly.
6. To conduct associates’ performance appraisal twice a year and staff counselling sessions where necessary.
7. To plan the outlet’s manpower needs in accordance to the forecasted volume of business.
8. Monitor progress of individual associates to maximize productivity.
9. To identify training needs in order to plan and implement appropriate training programs for associates.
10. To assign training responsibilities to departmental trainers.
11. Train and develop potential associates for maximum efficiency and greater job responsibilities.
12. To conduct on the job / classroom training session regularly to ensure that associates are well equipped with the necessary job and task skills to maintain and improve the hotel’s service standards.
13. Demonstrate exceptional food & beverage knowledge and skill.
14. To establish excellent guest relations and rapport.
15. Anticipate guest needs and render assistance whenever required.
16. Handling emergency situations associating with guests and associates.
17. Initiative to handle complaints courteously and promptly.
18. Handle and follow up on guest feedback to ensure customer satisfaction.
19. Maintain communication with all other departments and enhance the spirit of teamwork.
20. Maintain high standards of cleanliness in outlet.
21. Check and follow-up on the maintenance of the outlet.
22. Oversee and ensures a smooth flow of operations and consistent standards to meet and exceed guest expectations.
23. Liaise with Culinary and RBE departments, working together as a team, to provide guest with an enjoyable experience in the lounge.
24. Maintain the philosophy of quality, fast, efficient and courteous service together with comfortable and friendly atmosphere.
25. Check on appearance and grooming standards and performance of all associates in the department.
26. Study, evaluate and suggest improvements regarding operation procedures.
27. Assist in the operations during peak hours / periods sucha as Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Festive, Events (eg. F1, New Year Day, etc.)
28. Ensure that service procedures and policies are in accordance with the operations manual.
29. Conduct pre and post associates’ briefing.
30. Observe, guide and train new associates on the duties to be carried out in the department.
31. Check on float money and ensure that guest checks are properly handled.
32. Supervises in following proper serving procedures and policies according to the training manual to maintain service standards.
33. Assist in the building of an efficient team of associates by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
34. Maintain complete business confidentiality.
- 5 years of beverage management experience in hotel industry.
- Beverage Manager or Bar manager with experience in high volume bars and large events.
- Beverage Chemist / Extrovert in terms of creativity.
- Pre-opening &/or renovation experience.
- Conceptual design and bar operational conceptual development skills.
- Interest in wider hotel operations, with a strong focus in revenue generation and marketing.
- Experienced in managing diverse relationships, i.e. Multi-Cultural / Racial teams as well as local communities. High energy personality – engaging.
- Experience in a both business and resort destinations.
- Good understanding of Bars Marketing highlighting print, online and social media / retail background.
- Experience with micros / respak / beverage cost management systems and Food & Beverage technology platforms.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application docuemnts are to be submitted via the Careers page.
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.