Pan Pacific Singapore
The main responsibility of a purchasing executive is to source for the right quality merchandise for the hotel and negotiates with the suppliers to achieve the best price possible.
It include processing daily market lists, Purchase Orders, evaluate requests and sourcing for competitive quote and to be able to select the specific and appropriate product required by the hotel. He/She will ensure administration procedures are followed and executed.
Processing Purchase Orders
- Ensure that all PO comply with the Hotel's purchasing policy and procedure at all times. Proper purchase requisitions are raised and approved for all purchase requirements
- Ensure three (3) quotations are obtained for all goods and services.
- Ensure all quotations, specifications; delivery schedules are current and accurate prior to releasing purchase orders for the approval of higher management
- Work closely with department to maintain smooth execution of the purchasing function for the hotel.
- Coordinates and liaises with vendors and service providers
- Constantly sources for new products and services
- Establish, maintain and update purchase specification, requisition and purchase order to minimise error of purchasing products of a wrong specification.
- Reviews, updates and maintains proper filing of quotations, contracts, tender documentations, vendor catalogs, blanket order, purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
- Ensure that documents comply with the Hotel's purchasing policy and procedure at all times.
- Carry out proper due diligence, including obtaining competitive quotations for significant purchases.
- Coordinate closely with store and users to ensure regularly used items are replenished in good time.
- Organise sample testing and or blind testing to ensure proper and objective selection of products.
- Minimum GCE "O" level with credit in English, and/or Diploma in Business or Finance
- At least 2 years of purchasing experience in the hospitality industry
- Strong administrative and organization skills
- Good knowledge of import and custom regulations
- Working knowledge in MS Words, Excel, CheckEAM and Hospitality One
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaning your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection cirteria aling with a current resume.
All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page.
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified