Safety & Security Manager
Pan Pacific Singapore
Responsible for the Safety and Security of Guests and Associates including Risk Management in the Hotel Property. Direct, administer and coordinate the activities of the Security Department and engage in the implementation of Workplace Safety & Health.
Decision making with regards to Safety & Security and Risk Management issues by offering appropriate recommendations to the Management and in compliance with the local authorities and legal regulations.
Provides administrative functions in the areas of recruitment, training and development, people and performance management and engagement of external Security Contractors.
- Administer and coordinate the activityes of the Security Department and engage in the implementation of the Hotel's Safety & Security procedures.
- Evaluate all current procedures, practices and precedents on the Hotels's Security function and refine in accordance to the objectives stated out for the Hotel.
- Prepare accurate, concise reports of Hotel incidents and work closely with the management to identify and resolve any security related issues.
- Perform audits of the Hotel's Security Performance and conduct regular inspection in the premises, identifying and rectifying any issues or defects.
- Prepare and implement Risk Management Plans by recommending and developing measures to safeguard VIPs and other guests, Special Events in the Hotel, Hotel properties and Associates and Daily Hotel Operations.
- Assists the Management in liaison with Loss Adjusters and local Authorities.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments to identify potential risks and liability factors with corrective measures when necessary.
- Develop and recommend to management safety and security measures to safeguard - VIPs and other guests, Special functions in the hotel, Hotel properties and employees, concessionaire and shopping areas, vehicles on hotel property
- Ensure that the security staff are fully conversant with the operation of all fire equipment in the Hotel; that such equipment is fully and adequately maintained by the Engieering Department, and that if a fire occurs in the Hotel, it is fully investigated and reported to the Management.
- Investigate the report of any thefts an use his sound judgement in dealing with these matters, and seek the concurrence of the Management is a police report is to be made
- Maintain co-operation with the police and fire authorities and is reponsible for dealing with any inquiries from them regarding crimes, accidents, etc. involving the hotel, its employees or its guests.
- Conduct internal and WSQ training, instruct on teh use of proper security measures, and assist in the periodical Fire Drills.
- Implement procedures to ensure that the Hotel's policies and guidelines are observed, related to the entry and exit of employees, suppliers, contractors' employees, visitors and vehicles belonging to the Company and otehr parties. This will include the discretionary rigght to search persons and vehicles.
- Maintain adherence to internal and external regulatory and legal requirements in reports and documentations.
- Develop and conduct training programs related to Safety & Security for all departments in the Hotel.
- Participate and Represent the Hotel in industrial regulations and development initiatives when necessary.
- At least a Diploma in any discipline and with at least 5 years of Safety & Security experience in the Hotel Industry
- A certified Fire Safety Manager will be an added advantage
- Possess strong investigative and organisation skills
- Maintain professional confidentiality at all time.
- Good knowledge of Life Safety and able to implement Risk Managerment measures
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position together with a copy of your detailed resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page or via email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for your interest however we apologies that only shorl;isted candidates will be notified.