Senior Catering Sales Manager
Pan Pacific Singapore
The incumbent will assist the Director of Catering to increase corporate client base through consistent solicitations while establishing trust and rapport with clients to generate and boost revenues for the Hotel. He/She services new and existing accounts to ensure repeat business. This position requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Identify business trends and marketing opportunities that can improve the hotel’s performance.
- Continuously solicit for new business that expands our client base using action plans focused on the market segment identified by the Director of Catering.
- Prospecting and growing an account list, handling incoming leads and closing sales.
- Plan, execute and follow-up on sales trips as approved.
- Work closely with other sales associates and calling in on important customers and establishing multiple.levels of contacts within the customer’s organisation.
- Participate in the sales meetings by sharing latest market trends and new business development opportunities and activities.
- Practice professional account qualification on a consistent basis (i.e., measure budget needs, date flexibility, space requirement, competitive information etc).
- Attend tradeshows, travel functions, major business functions or as required/directed by the Director of Catering.
- Organizes familiarization of hotels and their facilities with clients and potential ones.
- Responsible for an assigned sales target in accordance to Cluster segmentation - Work closely with each salesperson and identify opportunities and ways to maximize and exceed personal and team revenue goals.
- Support and assist in the development of the annual Business Plan, Hotel Budget and Marketing Plan as requested by the Director of Catering.
- Gain excellent knowledge of the hotel facilities and services in the Hotel and apply that knowledge in selling against our competitors.
- Create excellent client relationship through attention to detail; prompt follow up and empathy for customer perceptions and needs whilst maintaining professionalism.
- Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Take ownership of daily sales activities and maximize the productivity by following a system of weekly and monthly action plans.
- Provide clear directions that simplifies the role of the support associates.
- Demonstrate good working relationship with other departments maintaining effective communication and teamwork.
- Actively assist the Credit Department in follow-up of overdue accounts.
- Complete small administrative tasks on your own (i.e., photocopying, filing) where possible.
- Possess a commitment to the quality of all departmental records (i.e., computerised mailing list) which impacts the workload of support associates.
- Comprehend, digest and comply to hotel policies and procedure as described in the Associate Handbook and other documents.
- Support and uphold the Hotel’s mission, vision and guiding principles.
- Adhere to all established policies and procedures relating to administration of accounts and ultimate booking of business.
- Other duties assigned by the Director of Catering when required from time to time.
Demonstrate and be perceived as a role model for:
- Professionalism and outstanding people relation skills
- Excellent communication and self motivation skillsInspiring associates to perform their work scope with a high level of quality and integrity
- Sales champion
- Innovative thinking
- Comply with all local regulations (if any)
- Maintain highest standards of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards associates, guests/customers, suppliers and other clients
- Maintain professional confidentiality at all times
- Minimum 5 years progressive experience in a proactive sales role in an established luxury hotels with large meeting spaces
- Driven, self motivated individual with excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Good influencing skills and the ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of which will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy
- An excellent team player who is able to work under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Possess high level of integrity and respect for others