Assistant Chief Engineer
Pan Pacific Perth
Pan Pacific Perth is recruiting for a career driven Assistant Chief Engineer to join their large hotel Engineering and maintenance team. Reporting directly to the Chief Engineer, this key role focuses on maintaining all areas of our 5-star hotel to an exceptional standard and supporting the Chief Engineer in meeting the strategic goals of the department.
This is a career development opportunity with the intention to groom the successful applicant to eventually move into the Chief Engineer role.
- Maintain and assign work requests to engineering associates and return completed work orders to respective originating departments as per standard and procedure;
- Co-ordinate the preventative maintenance programs;
- Solicit pricing and quotations from vendors for storeroom items, departmental supplies and capital projects as assigned;
- Initiate and co-ordinate purchasing of materials and supplies for the maintenance and construction of certain projects handled by engineering within the hotel.
- Perform and coordinate all clerical, project and administrative functions within the Engineering department;
- Managing the adherence of House Policies and Procedures, including OH&S legislation
What we're looking for
- Must have experience with high rise hotel buildings (essential);
- Trade qualifications;
- Previous experience in a similar role and environment;
- Minimum three years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Eloquent communication skills: both verbal and written
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Flexibility with working hours including nights, weekends and public holidays
- Immaculate personal presentation and grooming, suited to a 5 star environment
You must have work entitlements for employment in Australia to apply for this position. We do not offer visa sponsorship.
Please note, due to the large volume of applications received, only applicants considered for interviews will be contacted.