Assistant Front Office Manager
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Under the general guidance of the Front Office Manager, the Assistant Front Office Manager is a hands-on leadership position that is responsible for managing the daily front office operations, ensuring all standards established by the Hotel are met or exceeded.
In addition this position will oversee all areas of the hotel operation in the absence of senior management and will be required to make effective decisions by using sound judgment in guest related situations.
The key responsibilities of the Assistant Front Office Manager include but are not limited to:
• Leads, develops and supervises all Front Office associates; assists with check-ins and check-outs at the front desk where necessary; ensures that the front desk provides quality service to all hotel guests
• Coach the Front Office team to respond quickly to business fluctuations and is able to maintain budgetary guidelines using judgment and discretion; effectively manages room inventory to maximize revenues, drives upsell programs and contributes ideas for revenue enhancement.
• Work in conjunction with hotel security officers to respond to disturbances in guest rooms, medical emergencies, undesirable guests and including overall safety and security throughout the hotel.
• Act as a resource to Front Office associates and Rooms Division associates and liaison between the Front Office Manager and the Front Desk associates.
• Oversee all areas of the hotel operation in the absence of senior management, acting upon urgent issues as required and reporting observations to the Department Head where applicable.
• Monitor work hours, scheduling and vacation planning of Front Desk associates while adhering to budgeted labour costs based on hotel occupancy and work volumes.
• Participate in recruitment, selection, training and performance management of Front Desk team members.
• Attend various meetings and hotel functions as relating to the Front Office function in lieu of Rooms Division Manager; Assists in conducting regular Department meetings;
• Is able to work in other areas within Room Division and perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will be a committed guest service oriented professional who leads by example setting standards of excellence for work to be completed. This person will be able to manage multiple priorities and tasks with a willingness to approach new challenges and adjust plans to meet priorities. This position will require the candidate to work within a team environment and be a strong communicator.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Candidate must have a minimum of 2 – 3 years of progressive supervisory and/or management experience in a large scale rooms operation.
• Diploma / degree in Hospitality management preferred.
• Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including experience using hotel booking programs, preference given to candidates with knowledge of Opera.
• Has a history of demonstrating confidentiality and tact in business/personnel situations, with excellent verbal communication & interpersonal skills.
• Fluent written and spoken English; 2nd language would be considered an asset
• Is knowledgeable with the safety component of associates & guests during emergencies; First Aid Certificate and knowledge of fire, life and safe procedures an asset
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume.
All applications documents are to be submitted via the careers page on the website.
Please note: Applicants who do not already do not have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and actively recruit members of Employment Equity designated groups. These groups are:
- Members of visible Minorities
- Persons with disabilities
- Aboriginal peoples, and Women.