Assistant Housekeeping Manager
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Director of Housekeeping, the Housekeeper position is a hands-on leadership position that is responsible for managing the daily housekeeping operations, ensuring superior guest service and quality is met or exceeded. In addition, this position will provide assistance and guidance in managing the operations of the Laundry, Valet and Mini Bar operation as and when required.
This position is required to exercise judgment, set priorities; schedule the Housekeeping operation to meet the requirements and be in line with budget and labour costs.
The key responsibilities of the Housekeeper include but are not limited to:
• Leads, develops and supervises all Housekeeping associates. Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a professional, service-oriented manner. Comply at all times with Pan Pacific and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Responsible for the organization and delegation of work assignments for all housekeeping associates; Monitor and manage the quality and timeliness of services provided to ensure optimum guest satisfaction. Perform all housekeeping clerical tasks when necessary.
• Act as a resource to Housekeeping associates and liaison between the Director of Housekeeping and associates.
• Conduct guestroom, public area, and VIP room’s inspections; Conduct regular inventory counts and orders, supplies and linens as required and in check with budget guidelines. Participate in renovation projects and deep cleaning projects when required.
• Maintain daily inspection records and a safe working environment, coach associates to follow safe work procedures and conduct quarterly safety inspections.
• Monitor work hours, scheduling and vacation planning of associates while adhering to budgeted/forecasted labour costs. Ensure the accuracy of payroll and sign-in sheets; approve invoices for goods and service rendered in the absence of the Department Head; Monitor labour costs and other expenses when required.
• Participates in recruitment and selection, training, and performance management of all housekeeping associates. Participates in associate probationary and annual reviews.
• Deliver daily communication with the team i.e. pre shift briefing, calisthenics, supervise distribution of work.
• Administer the lost & found operation to ensure that all procedures are followed and items are distributed expediently.
• Attend various meetings and hotel functions as relating to the housekeeping function in lieu of Director of Housekeeping; Assists in conducting regular Department meetings.
• Perform other job-related duties and special projects as required.
• Must be physically fit and able to lift moderately heavy items, along with movements such as bending, stooping and kneeling when required. In addition will be required to stand on feet and/or walk for long periods.
Achievement Oriented – sets standards of excellence for work to be completed and is not deterred by challenges.
Attention to detail - Able to maintain a sustained level of concentration in a high pressured environment ensuring quality of work is consistently delivered by team members.
Service Orientation - Displays a commitment to quality guest service at all times, values the supplying of accurate and timely information and relates to people from diverse backgrounds and continually strives for improvement.
Professionalism - Regulates own behaviour, understanding the hotel culture and acts appropriately in the execution of duties.
Decisiveness - Proven consistency in making sound decisions sometimes in pressurized or time-sensitive environments and service.
Flexibility - Demonstrated ability to be adaptive and accepting of new ideas, and a willingness to approach new challenges and adjusts plans to meet new priorities; able to manage multiple priorities and tasks in the regular course of work.
Leadership - Leads by example in behaving in an honest and trustworthy manner; treats others fairly; builds strong and trusting relationships with others; practices open communication.
Team Building - Promotes team achievement, contributes to the development and success of department objectives; supports and encourages team members; is respectful, actively listens to and seeks out opinions and ideas from the team.
Interactive Communication - Adapts content, style, tone and medium of communication to suit the target audience’s language and level of understanding; takes others’ perspectives into account when communicating or presenting information; facilitates open communication and information exchange.
Resource Management - Possess the ability to plan and organize others to ensure the timely completion of tasks and to manage and support others to succeed in their roles; ensures the effective and efficient use of resources are in line with budget and forecast, whether human, financial, or material.
Conflict Management - Defuses difficult situations by being assertive; facilitates discussions between parties to explore differences and help find common ground; uses tactful approach to work with others to identify solutions to emerging conflicts and or issues.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Candidate must have of 2 – 3 years of progressive supervisory and/or management experience in a large scale rooms operation.
• Diploma / degree in Hospitality management preferred.
• Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including experience using hotel booking programs, preference given to candidates with knowledge of Opera.
• Must hold a WHMIS certificate.
• Has a history of demonstrating confidentiality and tact in business/personnel situations, with excellent verbal communication & interpersonal skills.
• Fluent written and spoken English; 2nd language would be considered an asset
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume.
All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.