Pacific Club Manager
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Under the general guidance of the Front Office Manager, the Assistant Manager for the Pacific Club Lounge is a hands-on leadership position that is responsible for leading the daily Pacific Club Lounge operations, ensuring and maintaining a consistently high standard of customer service. This position is required to exercise judgment, set priorities and work closely with other departments to ensure smooth work flow within the division and affiliated departments.
The key responsibilities of the Assistant Manager, Pacific Club Lounge include but are not limited to:
• Lead and direct the Pacific Club Lounge (‘PCL’) team to ensure the smooth operation and function of the lounge; acts as a resource to associates.
• Oversee all aspects of the PCL in the absence of the Front Office Manager, acting upon urgent issues in a timely manner, reporting observations to the Front Office Manager where applicable.
• Participate in recruitment, selection, and training and performance management of PCL team members with coordination and oversight from the Human Capital and Development department.
• Coach the PCL team to respond quickly to guests’ needs and resolve any complaints in a timely manner; coach and counsel associates accordingly.
• Monitor work hours, perform scheduling duties and vacation planning of PCL associates while adhering to budgeted labour costs based on hotel occupancy and work volumes.
• Coach the PCL team to respond quickly to business fluctuations and is able to maintain budgetary guidelines using judgment and discretion.
• Ensure the successful implementation, review and ongoing updating of all PCL standard operating procedures to effectively keep services and features current with industry trends.
• Performs check-ins and check-outs at the PCL; ensures that the PCL provides quality and professional service to all hotel guests.
• Actively oversee the food and beverage service in the PCL, ensuring best quality practices and standards are adhered at all times.
• Develop guest history and personal preferences data to enhance guest experience; foster an engaging rapport with all Pacific Club guests, ensuring repeat guests are duly recognized.
• Actively participate in Pacific Club upsell programs; Contribute ideas for revenue enhancement
• Attend various meetings and hotel functions as relating to the PCL function as requested; Assists in conducting regular Department meetings.
• Is able to work in other areas within Room Division and perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
Attention to detail - Able to maintain a sustained level of concentration in a high pressured environment ensuring quality of work is consistently delivered by team members
Service Orientation - Displays a commitment to quality guest service at all times and continually strives for improvement; Regulates own behaviour and acts appropriately in the execution of duties
Flexibility - Demonstrated ability to be adaptive and accepting of new ideas and a willingness to approach new challenges; able to manage multiple priorities and tasks in the regular course of work
Leadership - Leads by example in behaving in an honest and trustworthy manner; treats others fairly; builds strong and trusting relationships with others; practices open communication
Interactive Communication - Adapts content, style, tone and medium of communication to suit the target audience’s language and level of understanding; facilitates open communication and information exchange
Conflict Management - Defuses difficult situations by being assertive; facilitates discussions between parties to explore differences and help find common ground; uses tactful approach to work with others to identify solutions to emerging conflicts and or issues.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Previous hotel Front Office experience is essential. Concierge or local Visitor Bureau experience an asset.
• One years’ experience in a supervisory position in a hotel or luxury service environment.
• Diploma / Degree in Hospitality Management preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of local tourism attractions, restaurants and retail outlets.
• Ability to work autonomously without direct managerial supervision; demonstrates initiative, and successfully balances technical & guest services.
• Has a history of demonstrating confidentiality and tact in business/personnel situations, with excellent English communication, both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills. Additional language(s) an asset.
• Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including experience using hotel booking programs, preference given to candidates with knowledge of Opera.
• Cash handling experience
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
The interview will consist of behavioral descriptive interview questions that relate directly to the Selection Criteria as outlined in this posting.
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and actively recruit members of Employment Equity designated groups. These groups are:
•Members of visible minorities
•Persons with disabilities
•Aboriginal peoples, and