Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Director of Banquets, the successful candidate will be responsible for setting, serving and tearing-down of the banquet functions according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Vancouver.
The key responsibilities of the Banquet Houseperson include but are not limited to:
- Maintains professional internal/external guest service: smiles, creates eye contact, and uses associates/guest names
- Attends briefing of banquet and reviews function sheet
- Communicate with the Banquet Captains to ensure that set ups are completed accurately and in a timely manner; ensure proper communication within the Banquet team
- Service all meeting rooms while meeting all Banquet standards
- Maintain control, inventory and delivery of boxes and materials arriving for meeting rooms
- Carries out general cleaning and checking of room and equipment prior to function
- Maintain proper care, movement, and storage of all equipment used by the Banquet department
- Reports equipment deficiencies and/or concerns to Banquet Captain on duty immediately
- Upon guest request, locate and deliver convention material to designated locations. Assists clients in loading and storing of boxes
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Banquet Captains
- Houseperson experience an asset
- Ability to follow instruction with minimal supervision is imperative. Excellent observational skills.
- Individual must be highly motivated and possess excellent communication (both verbal and written) as well as and interpersonal skills. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English proficiently
- Physical fitness and strength is essential - must be able to bend, squat and lift up to 75 lbs on regular and continuous basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. on a regular and continuous basis.
- Excellent guest service skills are required.
- Maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
- Knowledge of safety standards, Knowledge of appropriate equipment to use for moving heavy items
- Candidate must possess a positive, professional image; contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere.
- Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards guests, clients and other associates.
- “Serving It Right” Certificate required
- Fluent spoken English is mandatory; additional language(s) is considered an asset
- Knowledge of function preparation and room set-ups will be considered a strong asset; Second language an asset
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: APPLY HERE
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.