World Trade Centre Building Manager
Pan Pacific Vancouver
The World Trade Centre is one of the most prestigious AAA buildings in the city. Just a short walk from the financial district on Vancouver's Harbour, the office building is adjacent to the Waterfront Skytrain Center in the city's premier business area.
We are looking for an outgoing customer focused individual who is looking for an opportunity in the position of Building Manager. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, responsible for providing leadership as building manager/special projects for the property maintenance unit that results in meeting/exceeding the goals of Ocean Pacific Management. Furthermore, this position ensures the office component of the property is maintained in a first class manner in order to maximize a long-term return on investment.
The key responsibilities of the Building Manager include but are not limited to:
- Tenant liaison and public relations.
- Troubleshooting daily tasks.
- Reviewing and preparing reports as required.
- Implementing and reviewing contracts.
- Construction management and project management coordination.
- Supervising Security, Communication and Janitorial departments.
- Maintaining building management systems.
- Supporting corporate policy, business strategy and objectives.
- Ensuring and practicing high standards of safety to safeguard the wellbeing of our guests, associates, stakeholders and the physical property.
- Having a thorough understanding of the lease documents.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Minimum Five (5) years in property maintenance experience in luxury commercial buildings.
- Diploma or degree in business, mechanical or electrical engineering preferred.
- Exhibit a high degree of professional deportment and be approachable by nature; Possesses exceptional leadership and customer relations skills.
- Excellent mediation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills and ability to foster positive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have a creative and innovative approach to problem solving and ability to educate others in property maintenance systems.
- A display of excellent attention to detail and superlative communication skills, both oral and written.
- A strong track record of personal and professional growth in property maintenance systems.
- Strong experience on adaptable education in the use of automated systems, personal computers and software programs is essential.
How to apply.
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted to the Human Capital & Development department.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.