Senior Catering and Events Professional
Pan Pacific Vancouver
We are looking for a seasoned Catering & Event Sales Professional to fill an ongoing leave of absence; this position is well suited to someone with strong solicitation skills in food & beverage and catering events.
As a Senior Catering & Event Sales Professional, you would be responsible for developing market segments and soliciting new clients to purchase food and beverage and utilize event facilities in the hotels continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. This position will be required to maintain existing accounts, develop and qualify new accounts, establish in order to meet/exceed revenue goals. Ideally this position is required to have a strong knowledge and working experience within the catering and event sales market.
• The key responsibilities of the Catering and Event Sales Professional include but are not limited to:
• Achieve all catering and event sales goals as it relates to personal and team productivity as agreed for the year and to meet the hotel budget.
• Proactively solicit new business and manage relationships with existing and lost business accounts, to meet/exceed revenue goals and expand the Hotel’s client base through various mediums. (This includes but is not limited to telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, tradeshows and travel functions, site inspections, written communication, the web and social media).
• Practice professional account qualification on a consistent basis (e.g., measure budget needs, date flexibility, space requirement, competitive information etc).
• Oversee contract negotiations with clients/group organizers in accordance with hotel policy, including the preparation of all contracting documents. Work with the team on negotiating strategies to maximize and secure the sale of corporate and social events.
• Assumes total responsibility of finalizing small to large sized sales groups and creates excellent guest and client relationship through attention to detail; follow through with a personalized touch, empathy for customer perceptions and needs and responds in a timely manner.
• Create detailed Banquet Event orders and resumes for events and groups to effectively communicate the expectations of the client.
• Acts as the host for group while on site; introduce the Banquet Captain to the client at the beginning of each event and communicates to both clients and departments of any situations that occur.
• Communicate and orchestrate all outside supplier deliveries in conjunction with the Receiving and Banquet Operations teams to ensure the delivery and set-up is in consideration of hotel guidelines for both access to banquet rooms and public space.
• Identify business trends and marketing opportunities that can improve hotel performance following hotel performance and short-term forecast in need periods.
• Create excellent guest and client relationship through attention to detail; follow through with a personalized touch, empathy for customer perceptions and needs and responds in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will be a committed, results-driven professional that has the ability to build strong relationships and can deliver on goals through selling and finalizing banquet events with new and existing clients. This position will require the candidate to work independently and within a team environment and will be a strong communicator.
• Minimum two (2) years in a dedicated senior sales professional capacity in a hotel environment with a proven track record of achieving revenue goals.
• Experience in developing sales strategy and achieving revenue goals.
• Excellent oral & written business communication and interpersonal skills.
• Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including an intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite, proficiency with e-mail, internet and data base applications. Experience using hotel programs is preferred but not essential.
• Must have the flexibility to incorporate travel, evening and weekend work into their lifestyle; must have valid driver’s license and vehicle.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.