Catering Sales Manager
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Located in beautiful downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, the Pan Pacific Vancouver is a luxurious Canadian iconic hotel towering over the Pacific Ocean with 23 stories of architectural beauty. The waterfront property eloquently boasts panoramic views of the Harbour Mountains, Stanley Park and the city skyline, like no other in the city. One of Vancouver’s leading hotels, the Pan Pacific Vancouver consists of 503 spacious guest rooms, over 42,000 square feet of event space, and offers a wide selection of modern hotel amenities including two waterfront restaurants. The new Pacific Club, a Hotel within a Hotel concept, provides the extra comfort and personalized and intimate experience with 39 suites including 5 ultra-luxury suites.
We are currently recruiting for a driven sales individual to join our team as a Catering & Event Sales Manager. This opportunity will focus on delivering outstanding guest service and increasing financial profitability. The incumbent will be responsible for developing market segments by soliciting new clients to utilize the Hotel’s event facilities and food and beverage options. Additionally this position will be responsible for managing guest room blocks and rooming lists to ensure accuracy and proper assignment of contracted concessions.
You are a focused sales individual with a can-do attitude. Your strong communication skills allow you to build solid relationships and your guest service skills allow you to close opportunities. You are driven to deliver a WOW product to our guests and continuously strive to exceed expectations. You are self-motivated and enjoy prospecting to build a strong network. Your experience and knowledge within the catering and event sales market make you an ideal candidate for this position.
We are an enthusiastic, driven and seasoned team who takes pride in what we do. We work hard and value a team approach to provide the best guest service. We not only create memories for our guests, but for our employees too, and have fun at various team building activities throughout the year. Pan Pacific Vancouver offers competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefits package and pension plan, hotel perks and a positive and enjoyable work environment.
The key responsibilities of the Catering and Event Sales Manager include but are not limited to:
- Achieve all catering and event sales goals as it relates to personal and team productivity as agreed for the year and to meet the hotel budget.
- Proactively solicit new business and manage relationships with existing and lost business accounts, to meet/exceed revenue goals and expand the Hotel’s client base through various mediums. (This includes but is not limited to telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, tradeshows and travel functions, site inspections, written communication, the web and social media).
- Practice professional account qualification on a consistent basis (e.g., measure budget needs, date flexibility, space requirement, competitive information etc).
- Identify business trends and marketing opportunities that can improve hotel performance following hotel performance and short-term forecast in need periods.
- Create excellent guest and client relationship through attention to detail; follow through with a personalized touch, empathy for customer perceptions and needs and responds in a timely manner.
- Assumes total responsibility of finalizing small to large sized sales groups and creates excellent guest and client relationship through attention to detail; follow through with a personalized touch, empathy for customer perceptions and needs and responds in a timely manner.
- Create detailed Banquet Event orders and resumes for events and groups to effectively communicate the expectations of the client.
- Act as the host for group while on site; introduce the Banquet Captain to the client at the beginning of each event and communicates to both clients and departments of any situations that occur.
The successful candidate will be a committed, results-driven professional that has the ability to build strong relationships and can deliver on goals through skilled negotiations with new clients. This position will require the candidate to work independently and within a team environment and will be a strong communicator.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Minimum three (3) years of successful catering sales, banquet, or food and beverage experience at a managerial level in a Hospitality organization of comparable size with a proven track record of achieving revenue goals.
- A proven track record of excellent organizational skills and time management with an ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a high-pressure work environment is essential for this position.
- “Serving It Right” Certificate required.
- Excellent oral & written business communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including an intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite, proficiency with e-mail, internet and data base applications. Experience using hotel programs - Opera is an asset.
- Must have the flexibility to incorporate travel, evening and weekend work into their lifestyle; must have valid driver’s license and vehicle.