Catering Sales Manager (Weddings)
Pan Pacific Singapore
The responsibilities includes developing new clients and retaining existing clientele in the various market segments for the purpose of selling catering/banqueting services of the Hotel.
Assisting the Director of Catering Sales in developing and executing strategic plans to achieve & exceed Annual Budget & Strategic Catering Goals.
The incumbent will ensure that catering operations meet Hotel standards by functioning as a business partner with all areas of the Hotel that are impacted by the catering department.
Performance & Quality Assurance
- Able to achieve catering department budgeted & forecasted levels through proper revenue management strategies.
- Achieve established performance benchmarks on a monthly and quadrimestral basis.
- Prospect and establish an expanding base of accounts in a specific relevant segment.
- Create and maintain a good working relationship with the Banquet Team & Culinary Team.
- Promote and encourage proper communication to all departments to maximise utilisation of available resources.
- Actively participate in Process Improvement programmes.
Cost Containment/Profit Enhancement
- Able to assist in the preparation of bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly catering/banquet forecasts as requested to monitor business flow accurately.
- Prepare Sales Action Plans for specific market segments and co-ordinate an effective Accounts Maintenance programme, and on a quadrimestral basis in order to focus on client needs and maximise sales efforts to minimise gap periods.
- Able to assist in the preparation of the six-month rolling forecast.
- Able to interpret financial reports.
- Compile financial data and use this data to teach teams how to improve the overall financial performance of the business unit in the hotel.
Marketing, Sales, Advertising and Promotions
- Able to implement catering promotions and special functions.
- Able to assist in co-ordinating Catering Marketing/Advertising/Public Relation programmes with outside vendors or in-house departments.
Business and Strategy Planning
- Able to create and execute strategic plans for the business unit in the hotel.
- Able to assist in creating and executing annual business plans, marketing plan and budgets.
- Keep abreast with global and local catering industry trends.
- Able to prepare short and long term strategies for specific market segments to rectify areas that are not meeting business objectives.
Human Capital & Development
- Ensure that the department standards are met and that all company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Coach, motivate, educate, train, counsel and discipline a team to deliver the service and product standards of the business unit.
- Ability to function in a multi-functional environment and be self directed.
- Ability to make individual decisions that benefit the business.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management.
- Show knowledge in the food and beverage products offered in the hotel.
- Show knowledge in competitors’ products and services.
- Able to work with in-house or external vendors who can perform preventive maintenance and repairs on the equipment in the catering areas.
- Implement and maintain catering/banquet and other applicable PPHG Management Systems.
- Anticipate guest needs and strive to exceed guest expectations.
- Anticipate associate needs and strive to exceed associate expectations.
- Anticipate community needs and strive to exceed community expectations.
- Anticipate owners’ needs and strive to exceed owner’s expectations.
- Diploma or Degree from a recognized hospitality / tertiary institution.
- 2 years or more experience in a similar role in a 5-star hotel with a function rooms’ capacity of > 35,000 square feet.
- Owns good range of customer contacts.
- Proven record in delivering operating results in operations focusing on personalised service.
- Experienced in managing diverse relationships, i.e. Multi-Cultural / Racial teams as well as local communities. High energy personality – engaging.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application docuemnts are to be submitted via the Careers page.
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.