Director of Catering Sales
Pan Pacific Singapore
Reporting to Director of Sales & Marketing, a Director of Catering Sales is integral in directing and leading the Catering Sales team to deliver financial, service and human capital excellence. This will be done through providing business acumen including market intelligence and quality alignments in sales, service and operations. He / she must be able to coordinate effective and efficient resource allocation through establishing a flexible workforce based on multi-skilling and multi-tasking. He / she will be responsible for developing annual and medium term strategies, objectives and plans to achieve profitability and business growth targets as set and agreed by Pan Pacific Singapore. Being a visionary, thinking beyond the boundaries and leading by example are expected and not requested.
Strategic planning and implementation
- Collaborate with key departments (Sales & Marketing, Human Capital & Development and Admin & General) to develop and implement the business unit’s annual business plan, strategies and key performance objectives to ensure the unit meets its financial targets.
- Ensure that business planning and forecasting at department levels are conducted according to established procedures and are aligned to overall company goals.
- Keep abreast with global and local banquet and catering industry trends and action plans to incorporate these trends into the business.
- Guide and co-ordinate business strategies with other business units to create operational efficiencies.
- Prepare short and long term strategies to rectify areas that are not meeting business objectives.
- Work closely with Executive Committee members to advice and report on any business opportunities and strategic planning.
- Drives high levels of guest satisfaction through the consistent execution of all brand standards, visible leadership, active market surveys and hands-on interaction with guests and associates.
- Collaborate timely with all related Operations team on guests’ requests, requirements and logistical matters.
- Handles any constructive feedback from guests.
- Cultivates a positive culture surrounding the eGCC platform and formulate strategies to continually improve the guest experience.
- Collaborates with the business unit’s chef to continually review and refresh menu offerings as deemed by locality and region.
- Creates an operational environment of education and empowerment that energizes associates to focus on guest preferences, allowing for the creation of memorable guest experiences.
- Continuous focus on employee satisfaction and ensures continuous improvement action plans are executed effectively, and as need, with a focus on a team and succession planning culture.
- Ensures pre and post events follow-ups are conducted timely.
- Prepare timely forecast as required to monitor business flow accurately.
- Prepare Sales Action Plans and coordinate an effective accounts maintenance programme for each quarter.
- Prepare performance benchmarks for Banquet Operations Team, Catering Sales Managers and Co-ordinators on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Ability to interpret and compile financial data and use to teach and guide team to improve the overall performance of the business unit in hotel.
- Active participation in discussions with the Restaurants, Bars and Events Management team (including the Culinary team) to ensure the timely development and completion of the annual budgets and to regularly monitor performance and assume responsibility for its achievement.
- Ensures proper expenses and cost control with required services and standards and monitoring the financial performance of the unit in this process.
- Ability to utilize the various systems used to support and manage the unit’s business such as: Opera, Opera S&C and Micros.
Business Development and Marketing
- Ability to collaborate to ensure the creativity of the team is developed and delivered through the department’s promotional strategy.
- Ability to interact with media and guests to promote the hotel and the individual restaurants.
- Ensures guests’ profiles are promptly updated and database is kept properly and motivates the team to anticipate guest needs.
- Be aware of what the premier external competitors in the market are doing.
- Establishes new accounts.
- Create, co-ordinate, guide and implement catering promotions and special functions.
- Identify and organise in-house or external vendors to create successful events.
- Co-ordinate and guide catering related marketing activities with external vendors or in-house departments.
Human Capital Management and Development
- Coach, motivate, educate, train, council, discipline a team to deliver the service and product standards.
- Identify and implement training plans to further develop the team and ensure succession planning is in place.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application docuemnts are to be submitted via the Careers page.
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.