Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Chief Engineer is a hands-on leadership position that is responsible for managing the Property Maintenance (Engineering) operations ensuring standards established by the Hotel are met. This position is required to exercise judgment, set priorities; schedule the Property Maintenance operation to meet the requirements and be in line with budget and labour costs. In addition, this position will be required to work closely with other departments to ensure smooth work flow within the hotel.
The key responsibilities of the Chief Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Lead and direct the team to ensure the smooth operation of Property Maintenance functions.
- To oversee all major and minor mechanical systems throughout the hotel, ensuring that systems are fully operational.
- Ensure the property is maintained to the highest standards and in a safe manner by utilizing the services of highly qualified and quality oriented suppliers.
- Develop and hold accountable preventative maintenance practices which ensure the longevity of all equipment, including the monitoring and tendering of all service contracts.
- 24/h day, 7 days a week, a key and critical first response for all emergency situations including but not limited to fire, flood, electrical or mechanical failures within the building.
- Monitor and manage equipment inventory audits to ensure optimum work resources.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and yearly inventories of operational supplies and equipment.
- Liaison and build strong relationships with key stakeholders at Canada Place, World Trade Centre, Convention Centre and Asset Managers.
- Hold regular department meetings; responsible for establishing department objectives, policies and procedures, designed to provide service levels, which exceed the expectations of both internal departments and guests.
- Participates in recruitment, selection, training and performance management of all Engineering associates; acts as a resource to associates.
- Monitors work hours, scheduling and vacation planning of engineering associates while adhering to budgeted labour costs based on hotel occupancy and work volumes.
- Maintains a safe working environment for all occupants and visitors to the property.
- Performs other duties within Engineering, as assigned or required
- Candidate must have a minimum of 3-4 years of progressive management experience with strong knowledge and understanding of the Engineering and Maintenance process in commercial buildings.
- Knowledge of accommodation building preferred.
- Experience in preventative maintenance, energy management, fire safety, and health and safety.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and organizational skills with an excellent eye for detail is a must.
- Previous management experience involving maintenance of Budget, Forecasting, Inventory & Cost Control, as well as budget preparation is an asset.
- Proven ability to handle high stress and work under frequent peak period conditions.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.