Pan Pacific Perth
Pan Pacific Perth is recruiting for a highly motivated Chief Steward to join their fast paced kitchen team. Reporting directly to the Executive Chef, this role focuses on coordinating and directing all aspects of stewarding operations including hygiene, inventory tasks and maintaining kitchen cleanliness to world class standards.
- Managing the day to day operations of the Stewarding department including recruitment, department orientation, training and performance management
- Supervise the kitchen sanitation operation, including quality and consistent production, quality and cost control, appearance and temperature of the finished product, and timing of service out of the kitchen and into all outlet areas.
- Take responsibility for cost control and the proper storage of all service-ware items.
- Schedule and conduct monthly inventory counts
- Plan day-to-day set up of china, glassware, and silverware items for all banquet functions and outlets
- Adherence to House Policies and Procedures, including OH&S legislation
What we're looking for
- Minimum of four years’ experience in a similar supervisory capacity
- Eloquent communication skills and proficient in written and spoken English
- Excellent customer relations skills and leadership capability
- Sound computer skills, preferably with experience using Opera
- Flexibility with working hours including nights and weekends