Pan Pacific Singapore
The Chief Steward is responsible for all hygiene aspects related to the front and back of restaurant, bar and event that is delivered to our guests include being responsible for the cleanliness and hygiene of various areas and kitchens within the hotel. He has to maintain a leadership position in taking charge of these areas while scheduling the appropriate manpower necessary for tasks to be completed in a timely manner.
Team play, along with patience is imperative to be able to develop and interact with the long-standing team in place. The coordination of effective and efficient resource allocation through establishing a flexible workforce based on multi-skilling and multi-tasking is also a requirement. Being a visionary, thinking beyond the boundaries and leading by example are expected and not requested.
Strategic planning and implementation
- Ensure that hygiene and operating equipment meet hotel and PPHR standards.
- Implement and comply with a successful business plan in terms of RB&E Operating equipment expenses.
- Function as an active participating member of the Hotel’s R B & E team.
- To organise and be involved in all aspect of Hygiene audit of the hotel.
- To co-operate with all Outlet Chefs related to his assigned section, i.e. Cafe Restaurant, Specialty Restaurant, Bakery, Banquet Kitchen.
- Schedule rosters for all associates in the Stewarding Department and ensure that manpower is used efficiently.
- Regularly supervise the associates under his care to ensure that hygiene and sanitation is maintained at required levels in the hotel.
- Coach associates under his care and equip them with the necessary skills to complete the required tasks.
- To discuss quality factors and defects of purchased goods with the Executive Chef to determine value and corrective action when necessary.
- Responsible of all cleaning activities to ensure efficiency and high standards of operations in all restaurants, bars and events.
- Ensures cleanliness and quality of all operating equipment in all restaurants, bars and event spaces are of a very high standard.
- Communicate effectively the hotel strategies to his team (where appropriate).
- Ensure supplier audits and tracking is completed regularly
- To conduct regular hygiene audits in conjunction with the Outlet Chef in his areas of responsibility.
- Attaining and maintaining the sanitation (HACCP or similar) certificates as required by the regional governing body
- To assist the Materials Manager in the cost-effective purchasing of cleaning products.
- To supervise the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained.
- To ensure that all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times.
- At least 3 years of experience as Chief Steward or at least 5 years of experience as Assistant Chief Steward of a large hotel with experience in high volume of banqueting.
- Minimum GCE ‘N’ level or GCE “O” level certification, or its’ equivalent.
- Strong leadership and team building skills and a high-energy personality – engaging.
- Strong strategic leader with sound business judgement.
- Highly adaptable with ability to lead and direct changes.
- Added advantage if you possess these qualifications:
- WSQ Conduct Food and Beverage Hygiene Audit.
- Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate.
- HACCP Certification.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page or to email - firstname.lastname@example.org
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.