Pan Pacific Manila
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality and presentation standards, and food prep checklists. Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food before use. Safely and appropriately use baking and measuring tools/equipment/appliances to prepare baked foods. Follow and ensure compliance with food safety handling policies and procedures, including personal hygiene procedures. Check and ensure correct temperatures of kitchen appliances and food, and report issues to management. Wash and disinfect kitchen area; set-up and break-down work station; and follow and ensure compliance with sanitation and cleaning procedures. Monitor the quality of food prepared and portions served throughout shift.
- Assists the Chef in their performance of duties.
- Receives guests’ orders and Banquet Events Order and prepares foods: portions of food on plates, adds gravies, sauces and garnishes to fill orders.
- Measures sand mixes ingredients to prepare simple stocks and sauces. Checks quantity and quality.
- Observes and tests food being cooked; samples all food prepared.
- Controls temperature of cooking, appearance, fries and cooks simple hot foods items.
- Cleans and maintains work areas, equipment and cold rooms.
- Labels and covers all cooked and uncooked food.
- Sets up buffets and functions and ensures the food is hot for buffets and cocktail parties and ready at the function area ½ hour before actual time.
- Clear all buffets and carving trolleys.
- Ensure minimum wastage in kitchen.
- Reports immediately any damage or defective equipment to immediate superior.
- Properly attired at all times when in working area.
- Clean vegetables and prepares raw and semi-finished products.
- Make daily thorough mise-en-place of all items featured on the menu.
- Keeps all food items correctly stored.
- Brings food requisition and acts as a runner when required.
- Prepare: Sandwiches, salads for buffet and functions, mise-en-place, steam items, BBQ items
- Collect store items.
- Clean fridges
- Perform any duties as assigned by his/her superiors.
- At least 2-year-Culinary experience in a 4-Star or 5-Star Hotel
- College graduate, preferably Hotel and Restaurant Management; Certificate in Culinary Arts
How to Apply
Please send updated resume with recent photo to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.