Commis 3 - Breakfast Tournant
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Sous Chef and/or Chef de Partie, the Commis 3 will be responsible for preparing and servicing all food items according to the production standards established by the Executive Chef and the Pan Pacific Hotel.
The key responsibilities of the Commis 3 include but are not limited to:
- Develop, prepare and service multicultural recipes and menus ensuring consistency in taste and presentation of all food items.
- Maintains daily mis-en-place and prepares certain food items for the following days duties.
- Has the ability and flexibility to work in all areas of the kitchen such as Café Pacifica hot & cold line, Garde Manger and Banquet kitchen and be available for opening and closing shifts.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Monitors related equipment, reporting any problems or inconsistencies to the Sous Chef.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
Able to maintain a sustained level of concentration in a high pressured environment ensuring quality in all food production and service is consistent with the Hotel standards;
- Ability to perform functional role: know how to operate all operational equipment & systems relevant to their role and within their immediate work area.
- Maintains the technical skills within culinary ranking: speed, efficiency and time management are at the core of cooking competencies. Depth of skill & knowledge expected to acquire, grown and attain with each year.
- Maintains the health, security & safety standards.
- Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards guests, clients and other associates.
- Maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited culinary school an asset or equivalent level of experience.
- 2 years with intermediate work related work experience in a hotel or restaurant setting. Previous experience with related equipment.
- Food Safe 1 and WHMIS certificates are essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; fluent written and spoken English
- Able to maintain a sustained level of concentration in a high pressured environment ensuring quality in all food production and service is consistent with the Hotel standards.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the following link: Pan Pacific Vancouver
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.