Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Sous Chef and/or Chef de Partie, the Commis 3 will be responsible for preparing and servicing all food items according to the production standards established by the Executive Chef and the Pan Pacific Hotel.
The key responsibilities of the Commis 3 include but are not limited to:
• Develop, prepare and service multicultural recipes and menus ensuring consistency in taste and presentation of all food items.
• Maintains daily mis-en-place and prepares certain food items for the following days duties.
• Has the ability and flexibility to work in all areas of the kitchen such as Oceans 999 hot & cold line, Garde Manger and Banquet kitchen and be available for opening and closing shifts.
• Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
• Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
• Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
• Monitors related equipment, reporting any problems or inconsistencies to the Sous Chef.
• Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
• Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
• Able to maintain a sustained level of concentration in a high pressured environment ensuring quality in all food production and service is consistent with the Hotel standards;
• Ability to perform functional role: know how to operate all operational equipment & systems relevant to their role and within their immediate work area.
• Maintains the technical skills within culinary ranking: speed, efficiency and time management are at the core of cooking competencies. Depth of skill & knowledge expected to acquire, grown and attain with each year.
• Maintains the health, security & safety standards.
• Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards guests, clients and other associates.
• Maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Undergraduate degree from an accredited culinary school an asset or equivalent level of experience.
• 2 years with intermediate work related work experience in a hotel or restaurant setting. Previous experience with related equipment.
• Food Safe 1 and WHMIS certificates are essential.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to maintain a sustained level of concentration in a high pressured environment ensuring quality in all food production and service is consistent with the Hotel standards.
How to apply
Please apply for this position via the following link: APPLY NOW
The "Apply Now" button located to the right is no longer active as we are currently transitioning to a new application site.
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.