Community Relations Manager
Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle
This position is responsible for supporting the marketing functions of the hotel and corporate social responsibility.
The associate must be able to work full-time, as set out in the associate handbook, and must be able to work as required by workload and occupancy levels.
The key responsibilities of the Community Relations Manager include but are not limited to:
Marketing responsibilities include:
• Creating collateral within Pan Pacific brand standards
• Management of brand website and third party websites including uploading new offers and updating events/information on all websites to ensure the accuracy of hotel information that is accessible by potential guests.
• Respond to all online guest reviews in a timely and appropriate manner.
• Monitor and post creative content on all social media outlets.
• Create media resumes and conduct property tours as appropriate in conjunction with the DOSM/MD.
• Promote events to the Seattle community via posts to PPSEA brand events page, social media platforms and community calendars, as well as residential concierges and local portals
PanEarth® responsibilities include:
• Promote PanEarth ® initiatives and events when appropriate through Social Media
• Represent Pan Pacific Seattle at local/regional Corporate Social Responsibility focused events
• Track metrics for all charitable giving, donations and volunteer hours
• Lead PanEarth® committee meetings
• Provide quarterly PanEarth® review to all associates via General Session presentations
• Conduct PanEarth® training for associates during new hire orientations
• Ensure continued compliance with standards of Green Globe certification
• Market PanEarth® program via presence at sustainable business events and on-site communication (guest room collateral, lobby bar events, etc.)
• Research new PanEarth® opportunities
• Managing the process for retaining Green Globe certification.
• Remain up to date on social media and corporate social responsibility trends
• Proficient in English both verbally and written work to effectively articulate in employee/guest/vendor interactions.
• Understands the critical importance of ongoing monitoring and response speed in social networks.
• Ability to teach social responsibility skills to others.
• Possess exceptional presentation, communication (verbal and written) skills; must enjoy engaging in conversations both on-line and off-line.
• In-depth knowledge of multimedia tools and content, including video, image management, etc.
• Quick thinker with a sense of humor, mixed with self-deprecation and is both a witty conversationalist and writer.
• Track record for delivering results while managing multiple projects, in a fast paced, rapidly growing environment.
• Understand and know how to navigate the ins and outs of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Take pride in having high ethical standards, operates openly, honestly and with complete transparency.
• Possess an innate sales personality; ability to uncover, cultivate and develop long term relationships
Selection Criteria/Qualifications and Technical Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university; or three years or more related experience is highly desired and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience or exposure to a similar type of position related to sustainability programming, operational marketing, public relations and community relations in the hospitality and/or related field is high desired. Familiarity with sustainability programs and understanding of the overall role within an organizations Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is highly desired.
The environment is urban, which attracts a diverse guest population, so the associate must be able to interact with external/internal guests with a cordial and understandable manner. Must be able to effectively communicate in a gracious manner with a wide variety of associates, executives, guests and vendors in person, electronically, and on the telephone. The ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. The ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
Ability to follow instructions, directions and meet deadlines to insure prompt and personal service. Must recognize the necessity for standards and policies, but must also be able to adapt his/her approach to each situation as necessary. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and to compute rate, ratio, and percent. The ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions as well as define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Excellent skills with PC based Microsoft products such as Publisher, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Ability to use a keyboard.
This position is in a standard office environment with moderate noise levels.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. Frequent hearing and talking is required. The associate must constantly reach with hands and fingers. Extensive keyboard typing is required.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via this posting, in person at the Hotel front desk located at 2125 Terry Avenue, Seattle, WA 98121 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Seattle thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce and as a result, it promotes employment equity.