Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Chief Concierge, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing information to guest and or visitor inquiries informing guests of hotel services, features and room amenities and coordinating all guest requests for special arrangements or services, courteously and efficiently. Additionally this position attends to the immediate needs of VIPs upon arrival and throughout their stay.
The key responsibilities of the Concierge include but are not limited to:
- Greets guests promptly in person or by telephone; Handles multiple guest requests in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Fulfils guest requests such as restaurant reservations, locating lost luggage, courier services, limousine service, car rental, baby-sitting service, travel arrangements and any and all other legal and moral activities required
- Keeps up to date on current events in the city and surrounding areas
- Ensures the Concierge duty List is completed for all shifts, as appropriate
- Ensure assigned projects are completed in a timely manner i.e. handling of brochures, compiling entertainment information and ensuring the Concierge Assistant Data Base is up to date
- Understands the need and willingness to work in other related departments during peak periods as required (i.e. Service One, Reservations, Pacific Club and Front Desk)
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chef Concierge or Rooms Division Manager
This position involves long periods of standing and prolonged computer use, in addition this person will occasionally be required to lift or move loads up to 22kg/50lbs (i.e. packages/suitcases).
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with first-rate communication and observational skills; contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere
- Must display a high level of initiative, and possess excellent guest relations skills and leadership skills
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work effectively under pressure and have the ability to handle high volumes of challenging guest-related interactions with professionalism
- Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented; ability to be able to balance technical and guest service successfully is critical
- Maintain professional business confidentiality as required
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Minimum one year experience as a Concierge or a similar capacity for a luxury hotel
- Post-secondary education in Tourism or Hospitality Management is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of the City’s attractions, including restaurants, tourist sites, and shopping areas
- Thorough knowledge of City’s transportation system including Skytrain, Canada line and bus lines
- Fluent written and spoken English is mandatory; additional language(s) is considered an asset
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including an intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite, proficiency with e-mail and internet; Experience using hotel programs - Opera and Concierge or guest information software systems is an asset
- Clefs d’Or Membership an asset
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacific.com/vancouver
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.