Demi Chef (Bakery)
Pan Pacific Singapore
Responsibilities include preparing dishes, guiding Commis, ensure quality control of the dishes, etc.
All matters pertaining day to day operations that have been approved by the Supervisor, Determining the quality of food at the right standard. Professional and speedy service to all of our guests.
- Maintain at all times a professional and positive attitude towards colleagues and supervisors alike, and behave in manner that is in accordance to the Hotel’s Standard Operating Procedures and Associate Handbook.
- Maintain discipline and proper work practices for himself at all times.
- Check on personal hygiene, clean uniforms, sanitation and cleanliness of the work station and work tools.
- Be aware of the dangers of contaminated food and the need for proper checking and turnover of the mise en place in the refrigerators.
- Report any problems to his supervisor to ensure that proper action is taken to counter them.
- Assist in all preparations as instructed. Clean, cut and trim all the different vegetables. Prepare all the basic sauces and stocks.
- Collect the mise-en-place of seafood and meat from the Butchery Department and check that all inter kitchen transfers correspond to the requirements.
- Check all equipment belonging to the department to ensure that all are in good working condition, and if necessary, report to the supervisor for any problems to be solved, in order to prepare the necessary work/repair orders to the engineering department.
- Perform any general duties as defined by his supervisor and help in any other departments or sections in the Kitchen if required and as instructed by his supervisor.
- Assist in cleaning up the refrigerator, setting up the work station for the day and involving the Stewarding department in general hygiene and sanitation.
- Ensure proper storage and adequate temperature for all products to avoid the development and growth of any bacteria.
- Attend all training sessions as instructed by his supervisor, and strive to keep abreast of new procedures and information with regards to the Kitchen Department.
- Guides and train Commis cooks.
- Assist in collection of all the food from the general storeroom and checking to ensure that the store man has properly filled requisitions, and report to his supervisor should any problems arise.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the trolley used for transporting food.
- Assist in the preparation and finishing work of all dishes during the service period as instructed by his supervisor.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the work station at all times, and sanitize the working tools several times a day in accordance with health rules.
- Ensure quality control of the dishes.
- This is by no means an exhaustive list as it is subject to changes according to the nature of the business at hand, the menus content, or any other factors when duties might have to be redefined according to the business pattern.
- Minimum GCE 'O' Level or Professional Certificate in Culinary
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a professional kitchen operation
- Willing to learn and teachable
- Responsible and hardworking
- Passionate, and have good communination skill
- Good customer relationship skill
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page or to email - firstname.lastname@example.org
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.