Director, Catering and Event Sales
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Food and Beverage, this position will oversee the catering and event revenue efforts for the 42,000 sq ft of available banquets/meeting space and will lead and manage the daily sales effort of a Catering and Event Sales team in conjunction with the Director of Catering and Event Services and the Director of Sales. The position will direct all aspects of the sales functions for the catering sales segment of the hotel including undertaking of direct sales solicitation.
This position will be required to maintain existing accounts, develop and qualify new accounts, establish in order to meet/exceed revenue goals. Ideally this position is required to have a strong knowledge and working experience within the catering and event sales market. This position will function as a business partner with all areas of the Hotel that are impacted by the Catering and Event department.
Weekdays and as Business Requires (this includes weeknights and weekends)
The key responsibilities of the Director, Catering and Event Sales include but are not limited to:
- Achieve all catering and event sales goals as it relates to personal and team productivity as agreed for the year and to meet the hotel budget.
- Direct, lead and coach the Conference Service Managers and the Catering and Event Managers in the sales initiatives resulting in the achievement of individual and team sales goals including the optimization of group room blocks. Conduct regular catering and event sales meetings in order to monitor team progress.
- Proactively solicit new business and manage relationships with existing and lost business accounts, to meet/exceed revenue goals and expand the Hotel’s client base through various mediums. (This includes but is not limited to telephone solicitation, outside sales calls, tradeshows and travel functions, site inspections, written communication, the web and social media).
- Practice professional account qualification on a consistent basis (e.g., measure budget needs, date flexibility, space requirement, competitive information etc).
- Oversee contract negotiations with clients/group organizers in accordance with hotel policy, including the preparation of all contracting documents. Work with the team on negotiating strategies to maximize and secure the sale of corporate and social events.
- Identify through market intelligence any business trends, new market segments and marketing opportunities that can improve overall hotel and catering performance; develop, implement and monitor sales processes to ensure that the Hotel is competitive in all banquet and catering aspects.
- Work with the relevant personnel to create promotional and marketing materials to increase catering revenue.
- Recommend new sales, service, menu and pricing strategies to meet changing business environments and lead and manage the execution of these strategies with the relevant personnel. Provide competitive pricing on Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) that aligns with the overall catering pricing strategy.
- Work together with the relevant personnel to develop an annual catering sales plan and budget, goals and incentives; work within budgeted and forecasted guidelines for expenditures.
- Develop and administer relevant financial and sales activity reports, analyzing and forecasting monthly revenue trends; track lost and turned down business; be decisive in altering the sales direction as and when required.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will be a committed, results-driven professional that has the ability to build strong relationships and can deliver on goals through selling and finalizing banquet events with new and existing clients. This position will require the candidate to work independently and within a team environment and will be a strong communicator.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Minimum three (3) years in a dedicated senior sales management capacity with a proven track record of achieving revenue goals.
- Preferred candidate will have led a sales management team with proven success in meeting revenue goals.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership, planning, budget development, problem solving, communication and training is essential for this position.
- Experience in analyzing/forecasting revenue trends and developing annual budgets.
- Experience in developing sales strategy and achieving revenue goals.
- Excellent oral & written business communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including an intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite, proficiency with e-mail, internet and data base applications. Experience using hotel programs is preferred but not essential.
- Must have the flexibility to incorporate travel, evening and weekend work into their lifestyle; must have valid driver’s license and vehicle.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com/careers
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact email@example.com
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.