Director of Housekeeping
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Rooms Division Manager, the Director of Housekeeping is responsible for ensuring the overall cleanliness of the hotel and surrounds are maintained according to the Pan Pacific Vancouver standards in the most cost effective and productive manner.
To manage the entire housekeeping, laundry, dry-cleaning and mini bar operation ensuring superior guest service and quality standards are met. To set priorities and manage labour and operational expenses to meet the requirements for the hotel while being in line with forecast for all operational costs.
The key responsibilities of the Director of Housekeeping include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a high level of guest service and ensures a rapid and professional response to all guest requests/inquiries or complaints; monitor cleanliness throughout hotel by conducting room checks and inspections of the public areas.
- Maintain and ensure the protection of all hotel assets including guest supplies, linen stores, uniform control and other hotel assets. Ensure accounting system is in place to ensure timely ordering of supplies.
- Participates in recruitment and selection, training, and performance management of all housekeeping associates.
- Deliver daily communication with the team i.e. pre shift briefing, calisthenics, supervise distribution of work.
- Ensure the necessary forward planning is undertaken to work within pre-set annual budgets for expenses and revenue generation and participate in creating the annual budget for both housekeeping and laundry.
- Monitor work hours, scheduling and vacation planning of associates while adhering to budgeted/forecasted labour costs.
- Oversees and controls all maintenance of plants, gardening and landscaping operations of the Hotel.
- Oversee the pest control system in place to ensure any pest situations are managed appropriately.
- Coordinate with the Engineering team and outside contractors to ensure standards are adhered to and the housekeeping team’s role is carried out as per the plans of the project.
- Oversee the lost & found operation to ensure that all procedures are followed and items are distributed expediently.
- Maintains a safe working environment in all sections of the Housekeeping department.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned by the Division Head, General Manager, Director of Finance or Hotel Ownership.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
Minimum four years of Housekeeping managerial experience in large operations (> 400 rooms) within a 4 or 5 Diamond hotel environment with proven experience in maintaining superior standards. Candidates who have experience as a Director of Housekeeping in a similar sized property are preferred.
Experience in and knowledge of laundry operations including textiles
Strong experience in positively leading and managing a large (>60) workforce, including resolving conflicts, managing performance, and developing others.
Proficient in English both verbally and in written work in order to articulate themselves professionally in guest and supplier interactions.
Must hold WHMIS Certificate.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook) and Internet.
Experience with Opera PMS an asset.
Proven experience and strengths in the following competencies are required for this position: Resource Management, Critical Thinking, Leadership, Team Building and Conflict Management. A full competency profile is available upon request.
Must be physically fit and able to lift moderately heavy items, along with movements such as bending, stooping and kneeling when required. In addition will be required to stand on feet and/or walk for long periods.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and actively recruit members of Employment Equity designated groups. These groups are:
- Members of visible minorities
- Persons with disabilities
- Aboriginal peoples, and
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.