Director of Human Capital & Development
Pan Pacific Yangon
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Human Capital & Development provides leadership to the Human Capital and Development Team while assuring a consistently high standard of operation/associate service within the team. He / She will be responsible for crafting and executing Human Capital & Development strategies and plans for the Hotel to recruit, select, retain and develop associates to meet business needs. The incumbent is expected to implement policies and procedures initiated by Pan Pacific Hotels Group (PPHG) which will support the achievement of the preferred hospitality experience, business practices and local culture within the group that supports the growth and development of all Associates. He / She will also promote human resource values by planning, managing and directing relevant human resource programs in the Hotel.
- Crafts HR strategies or programmes and/or implements and facilitates programmes as delivered from corporate strategic plan so that they are relevant within the property environment and organisation’s mission and values
- Grows the Culture – Our Vision, Purpose & Values in order to radiate the internal work atmosphere, sense of place and belonging to our Associates within the property
- Advises on the human capital related initiatives for the property, inclusive of associates relations, personnel practices and policy, compensation and benefits administration, performance management, labour relations and organisational development to the Executive Committee of the property
- Prepares manpower requirements and establishes recruitment timeline
- Manages and participates in recruitment efforts to acquire the most qualified and suitable personnel by recommending the most cost-effective recruitment channels
- Identifies training needs and leads the development and implementation of general associate training, orientation, functional/professional training, management development programs and inter-company learning & development programs
- Ensures training activities are planned to meet current and future hotel and associates’ needs. Develops and prepares training plan on an annual basis and monitor accordingly
- Implements and administers salary and benefits plans to be competitive within the market and industry, as well as to ensure consistency within the company policy while maintaining internal equity
- Participates in salary and benefit surveys and keeps abreast of market trends under the direction of the Corporate Human Capital and Development. Makes relevant recommendations to the hotel management regarding trends and analysis, related to salary increase, staff compensation and benefits
- Manages and coordinates annual salary review and bonus payments in accordance to the guidelines of the Corporate Human Capital and Development
- Oversees all staff benefits and insurance policies to ensure compliance to labour regulations and company policy
- Supervises and administers staff payroll, and maintains an accurate payroll system
- Drives activities to promote team building and engagement amongst the Associates
- Facilitates half-yearly Performance Review exercise for all Associates in the property inclusive of process schedule, review interviews and follow up
- Develops and implements the relevant human resources policies and standards of procedures, including the employee handbook, and ensures they are updated accordingly and effective communication to all Associates for proper implementation and understanding
- Minimum 8-10 years relevant experience in similar role in international hotel brands.
- Has strong pre-opening experience of hotel of similar set up.
- Technologically and business savvy.
- In-depth experience managing the full spectrum of progressive human resources activities, including strategy, policy design and implementation.
- Strong working knowledge of local Employment Laws and Industrial Relations.
- Possesses flexibility, strong interpersonal and communication skills in both writing and presentation in Mandarin and English.
- Strong work ethics and confidentiality.
- Understand the internal and external labour market, labour relations, best practices and legislations and impact on the business and workforce.
- Strategic mindset with ability to solve problems independently and in managing organisation risks when executing HR decisions, programmes and key initiatives.
- Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are invited to e-mail your resume to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.