Restaurant, Beverage and Events Manager
Pan Pacific Suzhou
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
Effectively manage the Food and Beverage department by ensuring the highest standards of operation and quality of service. Assist in overseeing and directing all aspects of the Food & Beverage operations- operationally and financially.
THIS PERSON’S SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES ARE TO
- Prepare annual F&B revenue and expenditure budget at the appropriate time
- Actively promote sales in the F&B Department at any given opportunity.
- To ensure that the service and general standards of operation is of the highest standard possible within the limits of budgeted profit targets with a view to maximising sales.
- Monitor & report the budgeted sales and costs for all food and beverage facilities and ensure that a maximum departmental profit is achieved and the costs are maintained within the budgeted limits.
- Assist with stock control, ensuring that stock levels are maintained as per departmental standards, to control beverage inventories each month in co-operation with Stores department.
- Ensure every effort is made, to achieve budgeted targets of revenue, expenses and introduce innovative cost control initiatives.
- To ensure the manning levels are within the budgeted limits
- To ensure all Standard Operating Procedure Manuals are prepared and are available for reference. Make sure that food and Beverage service meet with the specifications of the relevant SOP manuals and guidelines.
- To ensure that all departmental administrations such as: cash handling, daily and periodical paperwork etc. is completed on time and in accordance with the guidelines laid down by the Company
Associate welfare, Learning and Development
- Manage associate welfare and ensure that a positive working environment is achieved in the Food & Beverage Department.
- In liaison with Human Capital and Development and Learning and Development Department assist with recruitment and ensure consistent and progressive training (including on-the-job training) is imparted within guidelines.
- Assist in the preparation of Food & Beverage Departmental Job Descriptions for all and agree those with the Human Capital and Development and learning and Development Department. Review Job Descriptions annually.
- To ensure that associates are smart and clean at all times and that good personal hygiene is achieved at all times.
- Maintain discipline in a fair and consistent manner, including regular timekeeping by associates. Ensure that the Company Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures are properly observed. Establish and maintain healthy and good employee relations with emphasis on team work.
- To ensure that regular performance reviews with all Food & Beverage associates are carried out within Company Guidelines.
- Maintain effective communication with associates and senior management alike and ensure that they are well informed.
8. To ensure regular on-the-job training on hygiene; ensuring that food handlers are constantly being instructed on the dangers of food contamination and the procedures necessary for the hygienic handling of food.
- To attend and conduct the departmental meetings and to keep record of the minutes of the conducted meetings
- To ensure that rota’s and other working papers are efficiently completed within Company guidelines.
THE DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS ROLE WOULD BE
a) Knowledge, skills and attitudes required
i) Ability to work under pressure.
ii) Pleasant, well groomed with outgoing personality.
iii) Good leadership and managerial skills.
iv) Extensive food and beverage knowledge.
i) Graduate /Diploma in Hotel/Hospitality Management or equivalent.
c) Work experience
i) 3 to 5 years’ experience in similar position in a five star hotel/resort.