Director of Restaurants, Bars & Events
Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside
The Director of Restaurants, Bars & Events ensures smooth operation of the Food & Beverage division including Dubh Linn Gate Irish Pub and Catering & Events while implementing the highest standards of product and service and driving the business forward to maximize profitability.
Reporting to the Director of Restaurants, Bars & Events are the Executive Chef and all Food and Beverage Managers.
- Manage all aspects of the day-to-day operation for the Dubh Linn Gate Irish Pub and hotel Catering & Events.
- Develop, teach, track, assess and maintain the food and beverage management systems in accordance with developed standards.
- Provide leadership in building a cohesive and effective team across three business units.
- Develop annual business plan/budget and set strategic Food & Beverage goals.
- The Director makes decisions regarding Service Quality, Food Quality, Cost Control, Hiring, Termination, Pricing Strategy, Menu Strategy, Service Quality, and Selection of Vendors. The Director also plays a key leadership role with the executive committee across all facets of the enterprise.
For Quality Assurance/Improvement:
- Directly act on service and product improvements for each business unit.
- Create, set up, co-ordinate and implement process improvement programmes.
- Support the Executive Chef to create attractive food products and presentations that support the image of the pub and hotel.
- Provide leadership in each business unit to ensure that the positioning of the business units is aligned with the positioning of the pub & hotel.
For Cost Containment/Profit Enhancement:
- Implement, teach and maintain control measures to impact food costs, beverage costs, labour costs and operating supply costs for the business unit.
- Plan, implement, measure and teach profit enhancement programs in the areas of (a) menu engineering (b) profit contribution (c) revenue generation (d) improving productivity (e) pricing and costing for the business unit.
- Interpret financial reports: teach, create and implement plans to improve profits for the division.
- Identify, negotiate and teach business units how to work with suppliers/vendors to provide products and services that support the vision, purpose and values of each business unit.
- Teach and assist in purchasing, receiving, storage and issuing of products.
- Compile financial data and use the data to teach the business team how to improve the overall financial performance of each business unit.
For Marketing, Sales, Advertising & Promotions:
- Communicate and ensure implementation of Food & Beverage promotions and special functions.
- Develop marketing programs for the outlets including all e-marketing activities for food and beverage.
For Human Capital & Development:
- Identify and hire a team that has the potential to create a successful business.
- Coach, motivate, educate, train, council, discipline a team to deliver the service and product standards of a high performing organization.
- Develop and track individual Associate performance.
- Contribute to succession planning for the Food and Beverage division.
- Participate and exchange knowledge in cross training programs.
- Minimum of five (5) years Food & Beverage management experience in a high-volume bar, restaurant, banqueting, or hotel F&B establishment.
- Excellent knowledge of food, beer, spirits and wine; up-to-date on F&B trends.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.
- Professional individual with impeccable grooming standards.
- Proven record in delivering operating results in high volume Food & Beverage operations in a hotel/restaurant.
- Certified in FoodSafe and Serving it Right.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office operating systems/software.
- Knowledge of Squirrel or equivalent point of sales system.
- Must have proven cost of sales management knowledge.
- Strong organizational & financial management skills.
- Previous experience or involvement in opening a new bar or restaurant considered a definite asset.
- Degree in Hospitality/Culinary Management preferred.
How To Apply
Select “Apply Now” to submit your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.