Director of Rooms
Pan Pacific Singapore
Responsibilities include directing, leading and managing the Hotel's Rooms Division operations, including but not limited to Front Line Guest Services, Housekeeping, Pacific Centre, Pacific Club and Spa. The objective being the assurance of a seamless and efficinet operations by providing quality service and product offerings, in lin with the Pan Pacific Hotels' & Resorts Brand guidelines.
Provide strategy and planning to drive operations while delivering administrative support in the areas of manning, identifying and improving our associates' competencies in facilitating positive guest relationships towards creating memorable guest experiences before, during and after their stay.
Strategic planning and implementation
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the Rooms annual business plan and medium term strategies, as well as establishing key performance objectives and plans to ensure the hotel meets its business targets and drives sustainable, profitable growth.
- Responsible for the conceptual and operational design of Rooms Division experience concepts as required.
- Overall responsibility for all operational components of the division to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Drives high levels of guest satisfaction through the consistent execution of all brand standards, visible operational leadership, active trend analysis and hands-on interaction with guests and associates
- Maintain and develop high standards of operations in Front Office, Concierge, Bell Services and Spa operations by ensuring all SOPs are relevant, up to date, trained effectively and operationally delivered
- Create an operational environment of education and empowerment that energizes associates to focus on guest preferences and aspirations, allowing for the creation of memorable guest experiences
- Continuous focus on Associate satisfaction and ensures continuous imporvement action plans are executed effectively, and as needed, with a focus on a team and succession planning culture
- Cultivate a positive culture surrounding the eGCC platform and formulate strategies to continually improve the guest experience. This includes reading all eGCC at 100%, 75% and below, not likely to recommend and not likely to return on a daily basis, responding in accordance to SOP, sharing positive and negative feedback with Associates and using thei feedback as a platform for OJT.
- Develop, implement and maintain a review and response programme for all Rooms section covering Revinate, TripAdvisor and blogs relevant to Guest Services, with the results discussed and necessary actions effected in weekly Rooms meetings
- Guide and attend Daily Operations meetings with the Rooms team to plan for immediate operational demands, manage daily and plan for operational challenges (manning), highlight VIP events and follow up on personal tasks and projects
- Have weekly one on one meetings with all operations managers and kep personnel to support, strategize, plan and manage each the operation; coach and develop personal aspirations and goals; document and distribute minutes of each session on the day of meeting.
- Attend one on one meeting with Hotel/Resident Manager to strategize, plan and manage the Room Division and discuss personal aspirations and goals
- Ensure that all Assocaite teams adhere to service and product delivery as well as PPHG brand standards with a view towards delivering memorable guest experiences.
- Compile, interpret and Analyse the overall budget process for Rooms; including accurate forecasting and market segment analysis
- Operate and maintain the Up Selling Strategy Board and Monthly Target Board in liaison with the Director of Revenue.
- Providing advice and assistance on operational policies and procedures to all associates and managers as required and proactively promoting a greater understanding of these throughout the organisation
- Recommending meaningful measures for analysing and reporting on operational activities
- Uphold achievement of the financial and non-financial key performance indicators of the hotel
- Fostering a high level or camaraderie and high morale within the operational teams and associates.
- Minimum Diploma/Degree in Hospitality or equivalent
- At least 10 years' experience in Rooms Divsion with 3 - 5 years in the same capacity in a 5 stars hotel
- Strong knowledge and experience in the front office functions of Opera and other software that is essential in managing Rooms operations and manpower
- Exposure and experience in HotSOS and REX Applications
- Advanced computer literacy and knowledge of Mircosoft Office applications
- Strong analytical and problem solving skillset
- Strong Operational leadership and team building skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified