Director of Sales & Marketing
Pan Pacific Yangon
Reporting to the General Manager, The Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible for planning and implementing sales, marketing programs, both short and long term, targeted toward existing and new markets by performing the duties personally or through the Sales & Marketing team. The incumbent directs the day-to-day activities, plans, develops and communicates strategies and goals for the teams which include Rooms Sales, Catering Sales and Marketing & Communications. He / She is responsible for driving the teams in developing new accounts, nurturing existing accounts and implementing sales and marketing strategies. The incumbent will also work with the Corporate Team to create and implement hotel-level tactical sales and marketing plans, analyse current / potential market and sales trends and spearhead all activities to increase revenue and market share through added business volume and increased rate for the Hotel.
- Develop and implement strategic sales & marketing plans and take effective actions to achieve Room and Catering sales revenue in order to optimise general business opportunities.
- Develop and manage sales/marketing operating budgets, be in control of expenses and apply the best possible costs management in his/her responsibility.
- Develop and recommend product positioning, packaging and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Observe and evaluate the market and main competitors, identify trend and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions so as to achieve satisfactory market share in relation to industry and economic trends.
- Establish realistic yet challenging sales targets and measure the effectiveness of strategies, tactical actions and performances of the sales team.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners and network business relations to corporate clients, like airlines, tourist offices, travel / destination management companies etc.
- Oversee advertising and promotional activities, including print, online, electronic media, direct mail, etc and guide preparation of marketing activity reports.
- Direct marketing activities and ensure effective results within designated budgets. Maintain consistent Pan Pacific Brand standards throughout all products, promotional material and events.
- Direct the effective distribution of product via various channels and develop effective strategies to maximise yield.Meet with key clients, assisting sales team with managing relationships to negotiate and close deals.
- Represent the hotel at Trade Shows, Sales Calls & Conferences to promote the hotel and its products whilst seeking new business opportunities.
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales and areas of proposal client base expansion to evaluate production and plan for future sustained business.
- Minimum 8-10 years relevant experience in similar role in international hotel brands.
- Has strong pre-opening experience of hotel of similar set up.
- Good understanding of market trend in the local hospitality scene.
- A team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Possesses high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Strong business acumen and keen customer/client focus.
- Able to lead change in a fast-paced environment.
- Possesses flexibility and communication skills in both writing and presentation in English.
- Degree from a recognized hospitality / tertiary institution
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are invited to e-mail your resume to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.