Director of Sales
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Sales is required to set the strategic direction and manage the sales leadership function and support the total sales efforts of the Hotel, in efforts to maximize all booking revenue opportunities.
This position is accountable for generation of all revenues consistent with the Hotel budget; implementation of sales performance management systems; and market segmentation analysis for Group, Corporate, Transient, Government, Tour, Transient, SMERF and small Groups. This position will also be required to assume responsibilities looking after key accounts as assigned by the General Manager.
The Director of Sales will be instrumental to the success of the business development and will be strategically involved in the emerging market development and be required to lead and manage a team of Sales Managers with defined market segments as well as administrative support staff. Overseeing all market sectors, the Director will also be hands-on and lead the sales team by example.
• Develops sales goals and strategies and ensures alignment with the Hotel business plan.
• Ensures the development of a strategic account plan for the demand generators in the market.
• Directs all Group and designated segment sales initiatives for the hotel, ensuring that the strategic planning process is integrated into the day to day operations of the department to ensure top line revenues are achieved and individual booking goals are met for both self and sales team.
• Reviews the STAR report (and other similar reports) and uses other resources to maintain an awareness of the hotel’s group index.
• Researches competitor’s sales team strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy and RevPAR and increase group market share.
• Ensures the integrity of the key account/key prospect data base and monitors staff input for accuracy, thoroughness and coverage of the various areas
• Engages with local and regional tourism organizations to ensure that the group and designated segments, maximizes the benefit from such organizations and group sales activities to the full benefit of the hotel.
• Participation in local, regional and national tradeshows and client events that target group and designated segments.
• Directs the activities of outside agencies that target group and designated segments and internal staff to maximize local, key feeder market and in-house advertising campaigns.
• Sets and agrees upon individual production & action goals for sales managers and evaluates results through proactive performance management.
• Provides guidance and participates where necessary in sales calls with members of the Sales team to acquire new business and/or secure business.
• Provides on-going sales direction to direct reports through a "lead by example" management style which includes the assignment/achievement of personal goals (agreed with General Manager), and by conducting weekly sales meetings, and participating in revenue meetings on a regular basis.
• Provide professional leadership to the sales team with a strong focus on achieving budgeted revenues through proactive selling as well as reactive selling.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Tertiary education, preferably degree level, in Hotel Management, Business, or Communications
• Five years hotel senior sales experience of which at least three years has been in a large full service hotel environment
• Previous experience with complex Group contract negotiations and leading high performance teams essential
• Background in the development & execution of business and sales plans
• Innovative, resourceful and results oriented with exceptional organizational skills
• Highly energetic with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be a creative and effective leader, possessing a high degree of professionalism, sound human resources and administrative skills
• Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including an advanced level of Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel, proficiency with e-mail, internet and data base applications and extensive experience using hotel programs
• Knowledge of the Opera Property Management System is an asset
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.