Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Chief Steward, the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out various cleaning and organizing tasks within an assigned designation for the day in support of the Service & Kitchen teams.
The key responsibilities of the Dishwasher include but are not limited to:
• Organizes work area as per agreed standard.
• Prepares equipment such as sinks, dishwasher, pot washer, compactor & Bailer ensuring that optimum operating protocols are met.
• Ware-washing, storage, sanitation of all dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and pans using dishwasher and or by hand in various kitchens.
• Sort all china, glass and silverware and put away in their respective location.
• Ensures that items/equipment is provided to the Service & Kitchen teams in the right place at the right time & in the right quantity.
• Clean, sanitize and polish all silver and banquet equipment.
• Restock chemicals and cleaning supplies as necessary.
• Participate in the quarterly equipment inventory.
• Ensuring that garbage & recycling removal is being done in a timely manner and done according to the hotel standards
• Ensures duties on appropriate task list are completed.
• Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program.
• Performs other related duties as required
• Physically capable of heavy labour assignments including pushing, pulling, lifting and standing for long periods of time.
• Contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere.
• Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics and grooming.
• Self-motivated and able to complete responsibilities in a timely manner with little or no supervision.
• Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented.
• Maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Hotel/restaurant cleaning experience preferred
• Knowledge of WHMIS and safety standards; Food Safe certificate is an requirement
• Observational skills; Ability to read and understand English
• Good physical fitness and dexterity required
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.