Door Attendant (Graveyard)
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Bell Captain and/or Night Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting guests with luggage upon check-in and check-out, greeting guests upon arrival and departure at the Front Door and directing guests & non-guests in and around the Pan Pacific Vancouver & city in a professional and friendly manner according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel.
The key responsibilities of the Graveyard Doorman include but are not limited to:
• Greets guests and non-guests on arrival and departure from Hotel - opens and closes vehicle doors
• Attends to luggage requirements of guests when arriving/departing from hotel
• Ensures Front Door is attended at all times; Assists guests with transportation requirements: taxis, buses, etc.
• Assists with Valet – retrieves and parks vehicles accordingly
• Keeps Hotel driveway unobstructed; ability to command control of a high volume and busy environment
• Maintains cleanliness of outside area and Door Attendant’s desk; monitors supplies for Door Attendants
• Polish bell carts on a nightly basis
• Answers inquiries about Hotel, Canada Place and the city surroundings;
• Answers telephone and works on computer at Attendant desk as needed; assists Bell Services Attendants as required
• Ensures luggage carts, baggage and other items are out of flow of pedestrian traffic
• Forwards guest comments and complaints to Lead Luggage Attendant or Bell Services Manager
• Alerts security of undesirable situations or ‘guests’
• Performs other related duties as required
• Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented; ability to be able to balance technical and guest service successfully in a polished professional manner is critical.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills; contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere; ability to handle high volumes of challenging guest-related interactions with professionalism.
• Must have demonstrated the ability to work effectively under pressure and handle sensitive guest related situations.
• Maintains professional business confidentiality as required.
• Individual must be highly motivated and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
Must be physically fit – involves long periods of standing; requires lifting of large quantities of luggage.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Previous experience as a luggage attendant in a hotel is preferred
• Must be physically fit, as position requires heavy lifting
• Must have a valid BC Driver’s license and be able to drive standard transmission vehicles. Candidate must have a good driving record (able to provide record on request)
• Knowledge of Hotel facilities, security precautions and sound knowledge of the Vancouver area is required
• Opera experience is considered a strong asset
• Fluent spoken English is mandatory; additional language(s) is considered an asset
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume.
All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com/careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.