Door Attendant/Luggage Attendant - Graveyard
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Bell Captain and/or Night Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting guests with luggage upon check-in and check-out, greeting guests upon arrival and departure at the Front Door and directing guests & non-guests in and around the Pan Pacific Vancouver & city in a professional and friendly manner according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel. In addition, as a Luggage Attendant, this position will be responsible for delivering messages, faxes and gifts to the guest rooms.
The key responsibilities of the Graveyard Doorman/ Graveyard Luggage Attendant include but are not limited to:
- Greets guests and non-guests on arrival and departure from Hotel - opens and closes vehicle doors
- Attends to luggage requirements of guests when arriving/departing from hotel
- Ensures Front Door is attended at all times; Assists guests with transportation requirements: taxis, buses, etc.
- Assists with Valet – retrieves and parks vehicles accordingly
- Keeps Hotel driveway unobstructed; ability to command control of a high volume and busy environment
- Maintains cleanliness of outside area and Door Attendant’s desk; monitors supplies for Door Attendants
- Polish bell carts on a nightly basis
- Answers inquiries about Hotel, Canada Place and the city surroundings;
- Answers telephone and works on computer at Attendant desk as needed; assists Bell Services Attendants as required
- Ensures luggage carts, baggage and other items are out of flow of pedestrian traffic
- Forwards guest comments and complaints to Lead Luggage Attendant or Bell Services Manager
- Alerts security of undesirable situations or ‘guests’.
- Delivers luggage to guest rooms; Explains guest rooms and Hotel facilities to guests.
- Delivers items to guests such as faxes, messages and keys.
- Answers calls and inquiries at luggage attendant’s desk; maintains organization of Bell Services office including clipboards, notice boards, garbage and filing cabinets.
- Stores items for guests and records all group porterage.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented; ability to be able to balance technical and guest service successfully in a polished professional manner is critical.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills; contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere; ability to handle high volumes of challenging guest-related interactions with professionalism.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work effectively under pressure and handle sensitive guest related situations.
- Maintains professional business confidentiality as required.
- Individual must be highly motivated and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
Must be physically fit – involves long periods of standing; requires lifting of large quantities of luggage.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Previous experience as a luggage attendant in a hotel is preferred
- Must be physically fit, as position requires heavy lifting
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s license and be able to drive standard transmission vehicles. Candidate must have a good driving record (able to provide record on request)
- Knowledge of Hotel facilities, security precautions and sound knowledge of the Vancouver area is required
- Opera experience is considered a strong asset
- Fluent spoken English is mandatory; additional language(s) is considered an asset
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com/careers
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.