Assistant Chief Engineer (Building Operator)
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Under the general guidance of the Chief Engineer the Assistant Chief Engineer is a supervisory position that is responsible for leading the Engineering team ensuring standards established by the Hotel are met. This position will be responsible for the operational efficiency of the Engineering operation by organizing, monitoring and maintaining the smooth work flow within the department.
The key responsibilities of the Assistant Chief Engineer (Building Operator) include but are not limited to:
- Lead and direct the team through allocating daily workload as dictated by preventative maintenance schedules and work requisitions resulting in operational efficiency of Property Maintenance functions.
- Conduct follow-up inspections to ensure quality control and proper completion of assignments.
- In coordination with the Chief Engineer, oversee all major and minor mechanical systems throughout the hotel ensuring that systems are fully operational.
- Ensure engineering and work areas are in orderly and clean condition and that the associates are trained in the appropriate and proper use of engineering supplies and tools.
- Conduct and coordinate preventative maintenance practices which ensure the longevity of all equipment, including the monitoring and tendering of all service contracts.
- Maintain a tracking process to determine and analyze elements of completed projects and report on levels of success adn recommendations for future projects.
- Manage everyday requests from operating departments within the Hotel including guest related requests, also from the entire complex including the World Trade Centre, Vancouver Convention Centre and Canada Place Operations.
- Conduct monthly, quarterly and yearly inventories of operational supplies and equipment and report findings and recommendations to Chief Engineer on the inventory audits to ensure optimum work resources.
- Work in conjunction with the Chief Engineer to respond to emergency situations including but not limited to fire, flood, electrical or mechanical failures within the building.
- Participate in recruitment, selection, training of all Engineering associates; acts as a resource to associates and liaison between the Engineering associates and Chief Engineer.
- Monitor work hours, scheduling and vacation planning of engineering associates while adhering to budgeted labour costs based on hotel occupancy and work volumes.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all occupants and visitors to the property.
- Perform other duties within Engineering, as assigned or required, and take on acting role in the Chief Engineer’s absence.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
Ability to access difficult to reach areas and to kneel, crouch and walk for prolonged periods.
- A minimum of 2 - 3 years of supervisory and/or management experience in hotel or in a similar large building/complex.
- Engineering degree/diploma preferred and 4th Class Power Engineering certification is an asset
- Experience in preventative maintenance, energy management, fire safety, and health and safety.
- Organizational skills with an excellent eye for detail are a must.
- Proven ability to handle high stress and work under frequent peak period conditions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with proficiency in relevant computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the following link: Pan Pacific Vancouver
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.