Event Services Manager
Pan Pacific Singapore
Reporting to Director of Event Management, an Event Services Manager is integral in developing associates through collaborating with both the Restaurants, Bars & Events team and Singapore Sales team in ensuring processes are adhered to, providing detailed overview of the planning and execution of all related events and delivering memorable experiences to the guests which will drive financial excellence.
Responsibilities include departmental training for all associates to maintain consistency and ensure improvement in achieving quality service standards. Associate is responsible and accountable for the entire operation, administration as well as profitability of the unit.
- Conducts daily briefing to ensure the team is duly informed of key operational matters.
- Collaborate timely with all related Operations team on guests’ requests, requirements and logistical matters.
- Drives high levels of guest satisfaction through the consistent execution of all brand standards, visible operational leadership and hands-on interaction with guests and associates.
- Handles any constructive feedback from guests.
- Cultivates a positive culture surrounding the eGCC platform and formulate strategies to continually improve the guest experience.
- Collaborates with the business unit’s chef to continually review and refresh menu offerings as deemed by locality and region.
- Creates an operational environment of education and empowerment that energizes associates to focus on guest preferences, allowing for the creation of memorable guest experiences.
- Continuous focus on employee satisfaction and ensures continuous improvement action plans are executed effectively, and as need, with a focus on a team and succession planning culture.
- Ensures pre and post events follow-ups are conducted timely.
- Close coordination with Singapore Sales and Catering Sales in the management of function space to ensure revenue and yield is maximize through: analysing of trends to determine peak periods, monitor enquiries and bookings’ status, cut-off dates, rooming lists, up selling and payment dates.
- Communicates effectively with Catering Sales and Revenue Management on groups’ booking pace and conversion of enquiries.
- Ensures proper expenses and cost control with required services and standards and monitoring the financial performance of the unit in this process.
- Ability to utilize the various systems used to support and manage the unit’s business such as: Opera, Opera S&C and Micros.
Business Development and Marketing
- Ability to interact with guests to promote the hotel and the business unit.
- Ensures guests’ profiles are promptly updated and database is kept properly and motivates the team to anticipate guest needs.
- Be aware of what the premier external competitors in the market are doing.
- Establishes new accounts.
Human Capital Management and Development
- Coach, motivate, educate, train, council, discipline a team to deliver the service and product standards of the team through mentorship and coaching to fuel the growth of the team.
- Identify and implement training plans to further develop the team and ensure succession planning is in place.
- Lead by example through passionate, hands on approach.
- Displays and maintains a professional and pleasant image at all times.
- Maintains professional confidentiality at all times.
- Diploma or Degree from a recognized hospitality / tertiary institution.
- 2 years or more experience in a similar role in a 5-star hotel with a function rooms’ capacity of > 35,000 square feet.
- Owns good range of customer contacts.
- Proven record in delivering operating results in operations focusing on personalised service.
- Experienced in managing diverse relationships, i.e. Multi-Cultural / Racial teams as well as local communities. High energy personality – engaging.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application docuemnts are to be submitted via the Careers page.
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.