Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Restaurant Manager the Expeditor position will be responsible for coordinating completed food orders prepared by the culinary team and delivering to Cascades Lounge and Patio as required and according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Vancouver. This position will require flexibility and availability to be assigned shifts in other related outlets (ie – Room Service and/or Banquets)
The key responsibilities of the Expeditor include but are not limited to:
- Prepares room for breakfast, lunch and dinner (depending on time of day); completes all opening and closing duties and cleans dining room.
- Sets up and stocks assigned work area including buffet; replenish the all items including food on a regular basis
- Be fully versed and apprised of the menus in all Pan Pacific Restaurant outlets.
- Stock kitchen-pick-up area with necessary items for a smooth food service.
- Deliver food to the Cascades Lounge and Patio.
- Alerts the Server to any customer questions or concerns; restocks all necessary items during the course of the shift.
- Set up and break down/clean and stock Main Service Bar when required.
- Make beverages in the Main Service Bar when required.
- Returns all reusable food items to the kitchen; places orders for various dry goods and dairy products.
- Maintains side stands and regularly inspects and cleans equipment used.
- Answers telephone and greets guests at door if necessary.
- Participates in the training of new associates.
- Ensures all duties on task list are completed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Understands the need and willingness to work in other related outlets when required. (ie. Cascades, Banquets)
- Individual must be able to work with minimal supervision and be highly self-motivated.
- Maintains professional internal/external guest service: smiles, creates eye contact and uses employee/guest names.
- Have excellent verbal communication & interpersonal skills.
- Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented and completes all duties in a quick and efficient manner.
- Contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere.
- Maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
- Must be physically fit and able to move furniture when required, in addition will be required to stand on feet for long periods.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Previous experience in a guest service position in a large scale Food & Beverage operation preferred.
- Fluent written and spoken English is mandatory; additional language(s) is considered an asset.
- “Serving It Right” Certificate, Certified in Food Safe 1.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and actively recruit members of Employment Equity designated groups. These groups are:
•Members of visible minorities
•Persons with disabilities
•Aboriginal peoples, and
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact email@example.com
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.