Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Restaurant Manager the Restaurant Expeditor position will be responsible for coordinating completed food orders prepared by the culinary team and delivering to Coal Harbour Bar and Patio as required and according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Vancouver.
This position will require flexibility and availability to be assigned shifts in other related outlets (ie – Room Service and/or Banquets)
The key responsibilities of the Restaurant Expeditor include but are not limited to:
- Prepares room for breakfast, lunch and dinner (depending on time of day); completes all opening and closing duties and cleans dining room.
- Sets up and stocks assigned work area including buffet; replenish the all items including food on a regular basis
- Be fully versed and apprised of the menus in all Pan Pacific Restaurant outlets.
- Stock kitchen-pick-up area with necessary items for a smooth food service.
- Deliver food to the Cascades Lounge and Patio.
- Alerts the Server to any customer questions or concerns; restocks all necessary items during the course of the shift.
- Set up and break down/clean and stock Main Service Bar when required.
- Make beverages in the Main Service Bar when required.
- Returns all reusable food items to the kitchen; places orders for various dry goods and dairy products.
- Maintains side stands and regularly inspects and cleans equipment used.
- Answers telephone and greets guests at door if necessary.
- Participates in the training of new associates.
- Ensures all duties on task list are completed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Understands the need and willingness to work in other related outlets when required. (ie. Cascades, Banquets)
- Individual must be able to work with minimal supervision and be highly self-motivated.
- Maintains professional internal/external guest service: smiles, creates eye contact and uses employee/guest names.
- Have excellent verbal communication & interpersonal skills.
- Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented and completes all duties in a quick and efficient manner.
- Contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere.
- Maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
Must be physically fit and able to move furniture when required, in addition will be required to stand on feet for long periods.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Previous experience in a guest service position in a large scale Food & Beverage operation
- Fluent written and spoken English is mandatory; additional language(s) is considered an asset.
- “Serving It ight”Certificate, Certified in Food Safe 1.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume.
All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.