Food & Beverage Adminstration Assistant
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Food & Beverage, this position will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive Office reception desk and the Director of Food & Beverage and Food and Beverage Managers.
Responsibilities include computer literacy in the form of word processing, spreadsheet and other tangible or graphic materials to support the Food & Beverage Division. In addition this person will maintain a high standard of service focus whilst playing the liaison role between guests and other departments by correspondence, telephone or directly in person.
The key responsibilities of the Food & Beverage Administrative Assistant include but are not limited to:
• Greets and assists guests and clients promptly at the reception desk upon arrival (E.g. appointments, inquiries, deliveries). Offer refreshments for guests and clients waiting for appointments as appropriate.
• Answers and screens all phone calls for the Sales and Catering teams and transfers to the relevant personnel.
• Make reservations using Open Table and spreadsheets for Administrative Office staff.
• Responsible for all administrative activities associated with the Festive Desk and festive season in the outlets and banquets (i.e.: designing and printing menus, booking entertainment, compiling post mortem, brochure design, ordering supplies, coordinating hotel décor for the festive season)
• Design, copy write, edit, print, and distribute menus for Café Pacifica, Cascades Lounge, Pacific Club Lounge, Room Service, Pool deck & Patio for bi-annual menu changeover.
• Update and reprint beverage menus for Café Pacifica and Cascades lounge as needed.
• Design, copy write, edit, print, and distribute menus for special occasions and events (i.e.: Restaurant guest special lunch and dinners, Valentine’s Day, Chinese New Year, Easter, Mothers’ Day, Father’s Day, Moon Festival, Christmas, Festive Menus and New Year).
• Keep in-room guest directory up to date, and regularly revise and implement changes/updates.
• Responsible for food and beverage area licenses renewals and/or modifications.
• Responsible for administrative duties for the Food & Beverage Director which includes but not limited to typing, filing, qualifying & responding to phone calls and inquiries, and dealing with matters of a confidential nature.
• Responsible for any administrative duties (i.e. memos, purchase orders, complaint/thank you letters, calls to suppliers, answering mail requests, type commendation and other letters for the team, typing requests from outlet managers & kitchen).
• Timely collation and management of food and beverage data on spreadsheets to facilitate analysis (i.e.: quotations, menu paper materials, menu analysis, competition data, financial & costs related data).
• Coordinate monthly and special event entertainment for hotel including calculating expense for forecasting, scheduling and payments.
• Assist in sourcing suppliers and service providers for purchase of diverse items for the food and beverage department.
• Supports the Administration Department when needed and deemed appropriate (i.e. Catering and Sales).
• Maintain professional business confidentiality.
• Be able to assist in the Food & Beverage operations as and when required.
• Perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
Promotions Related Duties:
• This position will be responsible for designing various promotional materials to be presented to the Director, Food & Beverage for review and approval:
• Design and coordinate printing of coupons & menus for group meals and special promotions, ensuring adequate supplies are available for operations needs.
• Design and coordinate timely printing of various menus.
• Organize all printed materials to promote all special events, festivities and in-house promotions.
• Keep track of important events that require billfold inserts, tent cards and any other promotional materials.
Attention to detail - Able to maintain sustained level of concentration ensuring quality and a high level of accuracy is present at all times.
Time Management – Able to independently complete tasks in a timely manner and keep documents updated as per established schedules.
Service Orientation - Displays a commitment to quality guest service at all times, values the supplying of accurate and timely information and relates to people from diverse backgrounds and continually strives for improvement.
Professionalism - Regulates own behaviour, understanding the hotel culture and acts appropriately in the execution of duties.
Initiative - Demonstrates the tendency to contribute ideas and initiate new ways of working, shows enthusiasm for project work and special assignments.
Adaptability - Adapting and responding to changing conditions, priorities, technologies and requirements; recognizes new information and ideas with a willingness to alter opinions and behaviours; applies versatility, reasoning and innovativeness in the face of change; ability to comfortably collaborate in a variety of situations and with diverse individuals.
Results Driven - Works well both independently and in a team environment and is self-motivated; manages own time and tasks; Accomplishes tasks as efficiently and effectively as possible; is deadline focused; takes initiative.
Analytical Thinking - Takes initiative to solve standard problems and make routine decisions using procedures and policies and based on available facts, experience, and common sense; Displays commitment to own decisions or proposed solutions, as well as management directives, and follows through; Knows what problems and decisions are within own authority and when to refer to someone else.
Interactive Communication - Recognizes communication of a confidential or sensitive nature, and takes appropriate measures to safeguard this communication; Demonstrates the ability to accurately interpret the needs and requests of others; Adapts content, style, tone and medium of communication to suit the associate’s language and level of understanding; Delivers a consistent message providing the right information at the right time.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Two (2) years in an administration capacity within the Hotel industry preferred.
• Minimum of one year experience in a food and beverage outlet or international hotel.
• A strong working knowledge of Windows based programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher); demonstrated experience in website maintenance.
• Minimum 50 wpm typing speed and high level of accuracy.
• Copywriting – eye for details, referencing websites for correct culinary and other terms used in menus.
• Strong working knowledge with graphics, menu and page layout precision is a must.
• Proven written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in producing professional documents and communications
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and actively recruit members of Employment Equity designated groups. These groups are:
•Members of visible minorities
•Persons with disabilities
•Aboriginal peoples, and