Food & Beverage and Marketing Administrator
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Under the general guidance and supervision of the General Manager & Director of Operations, this position will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive Office reception desk, Food & Beverage and Catering departments. The successful candidate will have the ability to navigate between creative and analytical skills, have excellent verbal and written communication.
The key responsibilities of the Food & Beverage and Marketing Administrator include but are not limited to:
- Greets and assists guests and clients promptly at the reception desk upon arrival (E.g. appointments, inquiries, deliveries). Offer refreshments for guests and clients waiting for appointments as appropriate.
- Answers and screens all phone calls for the Sales and Catering teams and transfers to the relevant personnel.
- Make reservations using Open Table and spreadsheets.
- Responsible for administrative duties for the General Manager & Director of Operations which includes but not limited to typing, filing, qualifying & responding to phone calls and inquiries, and dealing with matters of a confidential nature.
- Responsible for any administrative duties (i.e. memos, letters, calls to suppliers, answering mail requests, type commendation and other letters for the team, typing requests from outlet managers, group contract analysis, etc).
- Responsible for all administrative activities associated with the Festive Desk and festive season in the outlets and banquets.
- Responsible for food and beverage area licenses renewals and/or modifications.
- Timely collation and management of food and beverage data on spreadsheets to facilitate analysis.
- Coordinate daily and special event entertainment for hotel including forecasting expense, scheduling and payments.
- Source suppliers and service providers for purchase of diverse items/equipment for the food and beverage department.
- Maintain filing system with all food and beverage correspondence and other important documents.
- Print, track & record gift certificates, including business card draws.
- Participate in website maintenance; ensures the website is up-to-date with the current menus, F&B offers, special events and festivities, entertainment and any changes in the hours of operation.
- Maintain professional business confidentiality.
- Perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
- This position will be responsible for designing various promotional materials with creative flair to be presented to the General Manager and Director of Operations for review and approval.
- Liaison with Social Media Agency to manage the day-to-day social media activities maintaining our content distribution and publications; organize photo shoots, site visits, etc. when required.
- Designs and tracks appropriate metrics to evaluate the success of the social mediums used, as well as the success of event campaigns and initiatives covered.
- Design and organize all printed materials to promote all special events, festivities and in house promotions; manage inventory of hotel images; ensure Corporate Branding standards are maintained.
- Design and coordinate printing of coupons for group meals, ensuring adequate supplies are available for operations needs.
- Keep track of important events that require billfold inserts and any other promotional materials.
- Design, copy write, edit, print, and distribute Oceans 999, Coal Harbour Bar and Catering menus including any special events (ie: Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mothers’ Day, Christmas, Festive Menus and NYE).
- Keep guest directory up to date and regularly revise and implement changes and updates.
Catering Coordinator duties:
- Provides daily administrative support with a strong emphasis on typing internal BEO’s, as well as proposals, compiling reports, etc.
- Ensures daily BEO’s are distributed promptly and accurately to appropriate Departments; Booking in house meetings and training seminars.
- Handles all aspects of special requests for function events processed through the Catering Department ie; menus, place cards, seating plans, thank you letters and catering kits etc.
- Qualifies catering inquiries and forwards on to the appropriate Catering Manager or Director.
- Updating and maintaining the Catering package and Opera with any menu changes.
- Handle all telephone, fax correspondence and email contacts in a professional and timely manner on behalf and in concert with the catering associates.
- Establish and maintain appropriate filing system on existing accounts.
- Responsible for booking events for internal clients (ie. Associates).
- Collation and management of reports on spreadsheets to facilitate analysis.
- Participate in weekly catering meetings and provide accurate minutes of the proceedings.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated administrative professional that has the ability to accomplish tasks efficiently and with a high level of accuracy. This position will require the candidate to work independently and within a team environment and be a strong communicator.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Two (2) years in an administration capacity within the Hotel industry preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in banquets and/or food and beverage outlet an asset.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, time management with an ability to multitask & meet deadlines in a high-pressure work environment
- Experience in Adobe, Photoshop & InDesign; overall strong working knowledge with graphics, menu layout, page layout precision.
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including an intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite, especially excel and word, proficiency with e-mail, internet and data base applications. Experience using hotel programs - Opera is an asset
- “Serving It Right” Certificate required.
- Minimum 50 wpm typing speed and high level of accuracy
- Proven professional written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in producing professional documents and communications.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume.
All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: APPLY NOW
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact email@example.com
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.