Food & Beverage and Sales Coordinator
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Food & Beverage and Sales divisions, this position will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive Office reception desk and Sales department. Responsibilities include computer literacy in the form of word processing, spreadsheet and other tangible or graphic materials. In addition this person will maintain a high standard of service focus whilst playing the liaison role between guests and other departments by correspondence, telephone or directly in person.
The key responsibilities of the Food & Beverage Administrative Assistant include but are not limited to:
• Greets and assists guests and clients promptly at the reception desk upon arrival (E.g. appointments, inquiries, deliveries). Offer refreshments for guests and clients waiting for appointments as appropriate.
• Answers and screens all phone calls for the Sales and Catering teams and transfers to the relevant personnel.
• Make reservations using Open Table and spreadsheets.
• Responsible for administrative duties for the Director of Sales which includes but not limited to typing, filing, qualifying & responding to phone calls and inquiries, and dealing with matters of a confidential nature.
• Responsible for any administrative duties (i.e. memos, letters, calls to suppliers, answering mail requests, type commendation and other letters for the team, typing requests from outlet managers, group contract analysis, etc).
• Responsible for all administrative activities associated with the Festive Desk and festive season in the outlets and banquets.
• Responsible for food and beverage area licenses renewals and/or modifications.
• Timely collation and management of food and beverage data on spreadsheets to facilitate analysis.
• Coordinate daily and special event entertainment for hotel including forecasting expense, scheduling and payments.
• Source suppliers and service providers for purchase of diverse items/equipment for the food and beverage department.
• Maintain filing system with all food and beverage correspondence and other important documents.
• Print, track & record gift certificates, including business card draws.
• Participate in website maintenance; ensures the website is up-to-date with the current menus, F&B offers, special events and festivities, entertainment and any changes in the hours of operation.
• Supports the Administration Department when needed and deemed appropriate (ie. Catering and Sales).
• Maintain professional business confidentiality.
• Perform related duties and special projects as assigned.
• This position will be responsible for designing various promotional materials to be presented to the Director, Food & Beverage for review and approval:
• Design and coordinate printing of coupons for group meals, ensuring adequate supplies are available for operations needs.
• Organize all printed materials to promote all special events, festivities and in house promotions.
• Keep track of important events that require billfold inserts and any other promotional materials.
• Design, copywrite, edit, print, and distribute Café Pacifica and Cascades Lounge menus and any special events (ie: Valentine’s Day, Easter, Mothers’ Day, Christmas, Festive Menus and NYE).
• Design and print display board for special events, etc.
• Keep guest directory up to date and regularly revise and implement changes and updates.
• Design and coordinate timely printing of various menus.
Sales Coordinator duties:
• Supports the Sales Manager through various communications and report generation.
• Provides daily administrative support including preparing contracts & proposals for Sales Managers, and support the Administration Department whenever required; Fields sales inquiries and distributes to appropriate Sales Manager.
• Provides daily support for customers’ inquiries in a professional and timely basis; Handle all telephone, fax correspondence and email contacts.
• Responsible for administrative duties for the Sales Manager which includes typing; meeting coordination; qualifying & responding to phone calls; filing; expense reporting, .
• Practice professional account qualification (i.e., date flexibility, space requirement, competitive information etc).
• Assist with familiarization trips and site inspections; Participate in sales meetings and other communications, functions in the hotel.
• Establish and maintain appropriate filing system on accounts identified with potential. This system can be automated or manual or a combination of both.
• Co-ordinate functions and activities with other departments.
• Co-operate and accept other special assignments the Director of Sales and/or Sales Managers may deem necessary to assign as and when required from time to time.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated administrative professional that has the ability to accomplish tasks efficiently and with a high level of accuracy. This position will require the candidate to work independently and within a team environment and be a strong communicator
ualifications and Technical Experience
• Two (2) years in an administration capacity within the Hotel industry preferred.
• Previous experience in a guest service position; Front Office/Reservations experience an asset.
• Post-secondary education in Hotel Management and/or Administrative Studies, or equivalent experience.
• Experience in preparing RFP’s (Request for Proposal) and group contracts.
• Must possess excellent organizational skills, time management with an ability to multitask & meet deadlines in a high-pressure work environment
• Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including an intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite, proficiency with e-mail, internet and data base applications. Experience using hotel programs - Opera is an asset.
• Minimum 50 wpm typing speed and high level of accuracy.
• Solid work experience in managing effective administrative procedures and programs essential.
• Proven written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in producing professional business documents and communications.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com/careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.